Pregnant Ragdoll Day 57

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site so hoping to make some new friends and get some great advice from other members. I've been reading through hours of posts and you all seem so lovely!
So for my first post. I have a 14 month old, pregnant ragdoll. She first mated with the stud on July 6th, so my working out says she's on day 57 today??
Last night her vulva was slightly open and she lost a tiny bit of pink tinged discharge. Today it's closed again and no sign of discharge. So I guess my first question is, is that normal so early?
I have set up nesting boxes in the kitchen, my bedroom and my daughter's room, but Khali seems to have chosen the front room where the dogs 'live'. Should I start shutting her out of there full time? She's already shut out at night or if we're out.
Thanks in advance!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It was prob the mucus plug. In theory they lose it hours before the delivery but in practice it may be over a week before.

Lets hope so. Delivery now would be too early.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks StefanZ. Yes I know she would be far too early. Past pregnancies we've had (2 previous, not this queen) the plug went 12-24 hours before labour started so I was more after reassurance that it going this soon didn't mean labour is imminent! The last 2 were cats we took in as pregnant strays so there was a lot of guess work regarding dates etc.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Helping homeless high preg is an excellent and invaluable experience for future breeders.

Everyone becoming a winner. :)

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely agree. I've been fostering rescue animals for the last 11 years, mainly dogs but cats and small furries too. So I have experienced pregnancy in all of them over the years. My Khali is registered and so is the stud. I'm a rescuer that disagrees with byb, not all breeding.
Back to Khali, otherwise known as scallywag lol. Other than that bit of discharge last night she's doing everything she should be. Sleeping a lot, eating well, drinking well, and seemingly aimless wandering around. She loves lying on her back to present her belly for rubs and a feel, I think she's rather proud of her rack haha!

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's started with discharge again this evening. This time clear and slightly more watery than the pink stuff the other night. But she doesn't look like the kittens have dropped yet so I'm trying not to panic just yet lol. Fingers crossed for a few more days

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi StefanZ. Sorry to be a pain, we're at the end of day 59 and Khali's vulva is open and mushy again. She's slowly leaking a clear, watery fluid. Also I'm not positive but I think the kittens might have moved down. Do you think this is her waters going? Should I start setting the alarm tonight?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes better to be prepared than not. Prepare also for premature kittens. Lend gears from neigbors.

Continue soon AmyQ AmyQ

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I'm praying she hangs on! I have all those things ready and more, at the moment she's lying out on the kitchen floor. She hasn't eaten much today, just keeps having a couple of mouthfulls then covering the food back over again. I'm keeping a close eye on her and I haven't seen or felt any contractions. But her belly is harder, or tighter tonight.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat mated on july 8th and shes 60 days today Id say yours is 58 days if she mated on july 6th

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, day 62 today and still no babies! Little madam is keeping me on my toes haha. I was wrong about them dropping, they must have just been in different positions. She's still just the same, sleeping lots, eating small amounts, attention seeking lots and demanding belly rubs every time I go near her lol. I'll be confining her to my bedroom as of tonight though coz her vulva was slightly open again today (I'm at work now so fingers crossed she hasn't popped while I'm out!).

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I'm home now and as I walked in the door she came bounding down the stairs to greet me! So still no labour!

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How's your girl doing Safaria?
We've reached day 63 with Scallywag so I'm happy with that! Today she's mostly sleeping and cleaning herself a lot between naps. Yesterday the kittens seemed to be having a rave but they're much quieter today. Other than that there's not much happening with my princess.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are quieter they perhaps begin to wander down into positions?

Ps. please take it easy with discussing each other cats. For YOU its a nice chatting, but for us others its difficult to see with just a glance what is going on and with whom.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes doing good we are at day 61 here I think it'll be a couple days for Aria
Yours is getting close I bet if they arent moving around as much Id guess within the next 2 days :D

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry StefanZ, we'll keep this thread for Khali :D
Still no change and she just stuffed her face with her favourite pate style food lol so doubt she'll pop tonight.