Pregnant Panda Not Sure If Labor Is Near. Advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens but I feel like today is the day! It started last night when she decided to sleep with me. She has only been interested in the floor these past few weeks. She was breathing fast and purring loudly. Then this morning she became very vocal (I think she has meowed more today than in her entire life!) First she tried to escape the bedroom but eventually came to rest on my bed. She has not been interested in her dry kibble but she swallowed a can f tuna. I put her in her nesting box and she is actually staying there. She is tense though, seems uncomfortable. and very vocal. She is also leaking a clear/ brown tinged discharge.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, it sounds like labor. Can you tell how far apart her contractions are?

Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens but contractions are stronger and visible. She is having them every couple of minutes... She had some pink mucus stuck to her lady parts and After I helped wipe it away (she's not licking herself down there for some reason) shortly after she squirted out some brown watery discharge. Not much longer, and she should start pushing! She won't let me leave her side. The only way she will stay in the nesting bow is if I'm sitting here with her. I feel bad because everytime I leave she tries to follow me and I feel like Im inturupting her labor process :/

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
can someone tell me the difference between contraction and pushing? If these are contractions they are back to back every 5 -10 seconds

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought She would want privacy too but she wont let me leave. She left her nesting box while pushing to come get me!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok just try to stay calm if the baby seems lodged or she is excessively uncomfortable you will want your vet on speed dial.

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quick question, should I wait until the kittens are weaned to spay her or can I do it right away?

4th kitten has arrived! Looks just like his siblings. I thought she was only going to have 1 or 2. Guess I was wrong lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Moms are spayed when the kittens are eight weeks old and weaned.

Four kittens! Make sure all are latching and nursing well. Do you think she's done now?

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wowzers 6 kittens! Hopefully she is done....she is extremely tired....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my! Six!

I'm sure she is tired. Give her a dish of KMR.

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma is doing good shes been taking small breaks to eat and going straight back to her babies! The kittens are also doing well so far. All of them are suckling and are all around the same size. Although, it's sometimes hard to find a nipple for all, there are so many!