Pregnant cat

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I took on a gorgeous tortie pregnant cat who was my friends, she’s massively pregnant and the fur from her nipples has gone not quite sure when she’s got caught but I’m sure she’s very close as her temperature has dropped to 37.2 she’s doing a lot of sleeping yesterday and today so I’m thinking she’s close any advice will be helpful

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is your cat doing now? Please let us know. We are happy to help with what is going on now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she’s still looking heavily pregnant but acting a bit strange looking for hiding spaces etc, I did rescue her and apparently this is her 3rd litter and she isn’t even 2 yet so will she still drop as such with her having 2 previous litters? Her belly is going hard and all she wants to do at the moment is eat and sleep, and also taking frequent visits to the litter tray

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is very heavily pregnant been doing her temperature last few days and it’s been between 37.5 and 37.2 but I’ve done her temp 3 times today and it’s a consistent 37.2 all 3 times her belly seems to be like rippling like the babies are moving at the same time and it keeps going hard to the point where I can feel the shape of the babies

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is very heavily pregnant been doing her temperature last few days and it’s been between 37.5 and 37.2 but I’ve done her temp 3 times today and it’s a consistent 37.2 all 3 times her belly seems to be like rippling like the babies are moving at the same time and it keeps going hard to the point where I can feel the shape of the babies
She’s just been under my partners desk kinda nesting plucking at the carpet laid there for about 40 minutes I think something is happening slowly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may be having contractions. They look like ripples down the sides of her belly.

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything more happening yet?
Unfortunately not, she seems to have dropped and is hopping in and out of nesting places since yesterday lots more movement on the side of her belly and seems to be sometimes breathing a bit faster just done her temp and it’s currently 37.3

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m hoping things will start happening soon she seems to be licking downstairs a lot at the moment but she’s still got a great appetite

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I think it was her plug as it’s was a creamy brown and sticky