Pregnant cat

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all I’m needing advice my cat woke me at 7.40 all over me and whinging I’ve got up fed her and without haste she’s eaten it but then she’s climbed up on the sofa all lovingly she’s purring and head butting be but noticed a little wet patch where she has been sitting could this be the start of labour? She was whiny yesterday but she’s only 51 days any help will be most welcome

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you sure of her dates? If so, it’s much too soon and she may be miscarrying. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea the only day she managed to escape was the 10/04/22 so going from that she’s 51 days today baby’s are still moving as I can feel them

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully it was nothing and she carries for another 2 weeks.

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was very sleepy yesterday and off her food we’ve got a few places ready so she can nest but this morning she seems a little brighter but she keeps laying in the bathroom where it’s dark

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say, but let’s hope not since it’s too early based on your dates.

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I’m spot on with dates but she did a bit of a runny poo before hand and I keep checking on her as she seems to just want to lay in the bathroom last couple of days but she’s pretty clean at the back no swelling or anything and babies are still kicking what would be the safest earliest date for her to deliver if her mating day was April 10th?

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Great thanks, I’m a first time pregnant cat owner I’ve got kitten milk bottles syringes in etc just in case so I’m prepared

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s behaving a little strange today she keeps sitting in the mating position bum in air tail to the side!! Do you know what that means?

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so we are at week 8 today, Nala is pretty much doing nothing and just lay on her side she has now just gone into her nesting box and started to arrange the blanket doing the pressy motion, she’s really whingy and making different noises

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can wait and see, or you can get her checked by a vet to see what is going on. Again, by your dates, she is not quite due yet. However, there may be something wrong which a vet may detect. Can you get her checked?

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve been observing her all night to see how she is she was settled and sleeping in her nest so decided to get my head down, this morning she seems a lot brighter in herself

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to be messaging again 😂 as time is drawing nearer I am just wondering with this being her first litter and her being almost 2 years old will Nala know what to do with her babies? ie: wipe them, feed them etc? I’ve seen some disturbing stories on social media of cats not knowing what to do! Or should I just prepare anyway with clean towels etc? I already have kitten formula, bottles and syringes in ready just wanna help her in anyway I can as she’s our baby and love her to bits ❤ Or am I just over worrying? And advice would be most appreciated 😊

Martiene71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi just a quick question with me being a first time cat mum what is the cut off point if she hasn't had her kittens? I mean is there a max day to act on if nothing happens ie: labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
70 days or her going into unproductive labor and becoming distressed.