Pregnant cat with discharge!

Idennek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My cat got pregnant around January 17th and is very close to her due date. She’s been having some brownish/reddish discharge, it’s not a lot at all. She’s been active, eating, using the litter box, etc. being her normal self. She’s been looking for a nesting area and laying in different places for the passed two weeks and has been laying in them since Thursday. I did call two vets who said it sounded like pre labor but couldn’t tell me how long it should last. I’m getting concerned and don’t want anything bad to happen to her. I’m calling the vet tomorrow again.
Emergency vet isn’t an option where I’m located unfortunately (I’d have to travel 4+ hours) and I have my three month old so I’m unable to do so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Idennek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I should also mention the discharge started Thursday!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Counting from January 17th, she would be 9 weeks along, or 63 days tomorrow. Most cats deliver between 63 to 68 days. The discharge sounds fairly normal if it’s not copious amounts. She should go into labor and deliver sometime this week. Contractions will look like ripples down her sides.

Do check with your vet, but hopefully she’s on her way to a normal labor and delivery!

Please keep us posted!

I Idennek

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Idennek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Counting from January 17th, she would be 9 weeks along, or 63 days tomorrow. Most cats deliver between 63 to 68 days. The discharge sounds fairly normal if it’s not copious amounts. She should go into labor and deliver sometime this week. Contractions will look like ripples down her sides.

Do check with your vet, but hopefully she’s on her way to a normal labor and delivery!

Please keep us posted!

I Idennek
I did call the vets and they said labor sounds like it should be coming soon! I’m just a little nervous cause it’s been since Thursday that she had the first sign of discharge, but there’s not been much since at all. She’s still doing everything as she would so I’ll just keep watching her, and call the vets again in a couple days if nothing progresses. Thank you! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she will be fine. My cat showed discharge and other signs for a good week before she went into full on labor and delivered 4 healthy kittens. Try to be patient! I hope all goes well!