Pregnant Cat Stopped Eating Or Drinking Or Grooming..

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My female cat, which I think, is 1 week pregnant have totally lost her apatite today, she haven’t eat or drink anything from the morning, also she quit all cat activities including playing and grooming.

She is an 11-month-old chinchilla

Indoor cat only, never got outside

A Yes, there was a greenish yellowish discharge (Not sure from where) this morning, very small amount, and didn’t happened again, she did not clean it.. I had to do it after 4 hours.

What is wrong? Could it be from the pregnancy?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you think she is pregnant?

None of this is normal. She needs to see a vet immediately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why do you think she is pregnant?

None of this is normal. She needs to see a vet immediately.
she was mating a week ago, later on she start to eat more than normal.. so I thought she must be pregnant
Its night where I live, else I would be already at the vet :(

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not a breeder no, but I've mated her yes, incoming kittens already reserved by friends.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a breeder mentor to reach out to? I'm very concerned that she has an infection. She's a bit young for a first litter, and you haven't mentioned any vet check ups before mating.

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried asking breeders I know, they said this is not a familiar behavior, but a few comfort me that pregnancy could cause be the reason as every cat is unique in her reaction to the pregnancy.

I did a full checkup right before mating, for both her & tom, they both was very healthy…

I agree she is a bit young :( sadly its done

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She definitely needs to see a vet first thing tomorrow.

Why are you interested in breeding?

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: she just groomed herself a bit, some of it down there… I think its a good sign right?

Regarding breeding: many reasons:

It is a rear breed, Persian (Half Picky Face) chinchilla with lynx point, how can you say no to such a find breed? I mean It is not a feral cat,

Also, a lot of friends and relatives requested kittens, those little yet-to-come angels got it covered.

It is an exciting thought to rise the cat and see her kittens, somewhat it spells family and complete the cycle of our adoption & caring to those little friends.

Finally, I really do not agree to the spaying if you can find a home for those kittens, it is an effort you have to take before agreeing to mate the cat.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat does not sound well. I hope she's feeling better, but I also hope you will take her to a vet tomorrow.

You do not agree with spaying in general?

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will… I hope she will be OK by the morning and her visit turns to be just another ordinary checkup.

I don’t know if you ever played mass effect! If you do, you defiantly know the Genophage and the doomed krogans.

Genophage

In short: krogans have been sterilized based on simulations and plans & fear of future, non of us player ever believed its right for the krogans, did we?

Well, it is kind of same thing here, condemning those cats to not live their Motherhood the most important part of their instinct! Its wrong, no matter how you look at it, no matter how explained it!...

With that being said, Spaying is cruel but necessary procedure, while I do not approve it, I believe it had to be done.

But, before you do it, do some search, look for homes, convince people to adopt, and if you can’t find, at least let your cat try it for once, it’s a divine right for them which is we are in no place to simply denying them because we can!.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can try entice into her a little water with honey - gives energy and stops fehydtation. Or give pedialyte with the same idea. If she cant drink smear this honey water on lips and gum.

And yeah this is vet errand asap

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try entice into her a little water with honey - gives energy and stops fehydtation. Or give pedialyte with the same idea. If she cant drink smear this honey water on lips and gum.

And yeah this is vet errand asap
Thank you... I will

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: water with honey really was a good idea, the cat drink her first 5mg of water today and was happy about it, me & the cat thank you StefanZ StefanZ

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is newly pregnant, she may be nauseous and have little appetite.

However, green discharge is never normal, so she will need a vet check and likely antibiotics for infection.

I know it's done now, but cats should not be bred until they are 18 months old. There should be one year between matings, and the cat should be retired after 3 litters at the most.

Please read as much as you can about breeding, cat pregnancy, and kittens in the meantime.

If she is by any chance not pregnant, or miscarries, do NOT breed her again until she is 18 months old minimum.

Please let us know what the vet says about the green discharge. It is a sign of infection. It may be the cause of her poor appetite.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im glad she got some relief But its still an emergency. Unless she gets visibly better and better. Red Alert continues!

imadmwk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your help and replies friends

Here is the updated version:
The vet says it’s a Pyometra case, he thinks there is an infection within the womb, and she’s not pregnant, considering the green=yellow discharge (which happened one-time only!)
The vet also said, spaying is the only cure, otherwise the infection will return later.
Personally am sure she is pregnant (increased eating, morning sickness, sleepiness… etc.) which all started after mating!
Anyhow, the cat will have a 5 days vet care, she will be subject to medical serum sessions & antibiotics
Next Monday, the doctor will perform x-ray to check for the pregnancy (or the infection), based on the result, this will identify the next step.

Things to note: the cat started to come back to cat live gradually before taking her to the vet! She was eating (low) drinking (low)... Somewhat grooming …

Am not convinced with the doctor point of view, what you think guys, does it solid? Is everything make sense?
I mean I think the cat had am infection yes, but not a womb infection, because I am convinced she is pregnant.
Thanks Again, if anyone have advice, please share

I will keep update this post

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I highly recommend an ultrasound and/or x-ray FIRST to see what is inside her uterus.

If it's kittens, are they ready to be born?

If it's pyometra only (no pregnancy), start antibiotics and proceed with the spay.

What is medical serum?