Pregnant Cat Not Going Into Labor

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats loved shredding toilet paper and paper towels and they weren't even expecting.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats generally do not go to the nest until they are ready to deliver. She will choose one eventually! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats generally do not go to the nest until they are ready to deliver. She will choose one eventually! :)
I really hope so! She occasionally lies in a bed I put out for her but she still prefers my bed over anything else!

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we just got Skye checked by the vet and apparently she isn’t pregnant, but due to hormonal imbalances she showed signs of a possible pregnancy. Kind of upset because we could have started finding her a home but glad because we won’t have more kittens born when there’s already so many

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good thing, more homes available to kittens already out there. And you've have this time to help Skye become a more relaxed house cat. ALSO, anyone who has dealt with hormonal imbalances, think puberty, or the change, or pregnancy, will tell you having a good, safe, quiet place to live through it is incredibly important. You gave her that, never forget it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was an x-ray or ultrasound done to be sure? I would ask about pyometra as well.

What are your plans to spay her? Spaying will prevent hormonal fluctuations and result in better overall health for the rest of her life.

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I stopped checking responses, I never took her to the vet before we got her checked to see if she was pregnant and they said she wasn’t. They didn’t mention any health concerns except getting treatment for worms and her skin issues. As for spaying her since she’s a rescue I don’t have the funds to get her fixed but when she finds a home I will ensure that she gets fixed.

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s doing just fine, she’s in heat again poor thing and she hates the other cats but she’s extremely affectionate towards us.