pregnant cat being left home

kittygirl301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat who i raised from a kitten is pregnant. we kept trying to get her spayed but there were no available appointments and she got out several times. two days ago we took her to the appointment where we were gonna get her spayed and they did an ultrasound and found little babies. she is extremely bonded to me and i’m worried if i leave her alone will she be in distress? i have school but my mother stays home and probably could watch her but i’m just wondering, would she need me more when she gives birth or when the kittens are born? i know some cat will sometimes try not to give birth because their owner isn’t there with them. it is friday so i’d be able to be with her the whole weekend. her aproximate due date would be this coming monday (based off of when we think she mated)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should be okay with your mother there until you get home from school. Also, she may not give birth on Monday. That’s likely just an estimate!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittygirl301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She should be okay with your mother there until you get home from school. Also, she may not give birth on Monday. That’s likely just an estimate!
yeah ik i’m just worried because she is much more bonded with me than my mother

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You must do what is practically possible. If its your momma so be it.

Let momma be with her now during the weekend, give her food, cuddle... talk sweetly...
Yawning and streching yourself is ways to show you are friendly...

Ps. Its more common the delivery comes a couple of days later than earlier.

kittygirl301 kittygirl301

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Neonate kittens' ears are folded to their heads. Newborn kittens are deaf and blind at birth.
The ears look like they are actualy missing and theres holes in the head where they should be cats can be born without ears (rare though) but I think its just the angle combined with the OP's camera the other two have the little dog ear triangles.

I do see one doggy ear on the breastfeeding kitten when i zoom in very closely though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittygirl301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The ears look like they are actualy missing and theres holes in the head where they should be cats can be born without ears (rare though) but I think its just the angle combined with the OP's camera the other two have the little dog ear triangles.

Attachments