Potential emergency re white poop

Tubby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, it is 11pm here right now and I have made an app with vet for 4pm tomorrow. I want to know if potentially I am being too lax and have an emergency

My cat has kidney disease and a long history of digestive issues. Last night, I left half of a well seasoned(salt and black pepper) chicken breast on the counter and fell asleep. My cat ate some. Yes, I messed up big time. She barely ate this morning - at 2pm and 4pm she ate reasonably well. 6pm, she vomited some undigested cat food, before doing a poo unlike anything I have seen before - it was runny, partially brown but also had alot of white. It looked like cooked chicken that had been run through a food processor. Immediately after eating she looked for food and I gave her a little. 10pm she did a very runny poo but it was all brown. She has been very hungry since

I have looked into the possibility that the white in her poo was undigested chicken and it seems theoretically possible, but having googled 'white poo' specifically there are alot of warnings about blockages.

So, given the fact she has 1) had a non-white poo today and 2) is eating, is there still a chance this is a blockage? And that I need to go to the vet right now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tubby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*Immediately after pooing

Tubby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no and yes

onyxnator

Asmo & Rocky's Parent (they/them)
Kitten
Purraise
In guessing from the time you posted your in the UK (same) I'd say contact the PDSA just in case it is an emergency - if your eligible as well they can see your fur baby for free (they are like the NHS for pets).

Tubby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, all good in the end. My vet was happy that it was a one off and that eating the chicken breast was the sole cause of it. I've never been so angry at myself(for leaving the chicken on the kitchen bench). My cat had a near death experience last summer so every time the slightest thing goes wrong I panic.

Thanks for everyone's advice and concern