Post Your Cats On Your Bed

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shadow has started sleeping ON me. She will park herself on top of me on my back, usually right around the time I need to wake up, I think it's just a ploy to get me to notice her and wake up to feed her.
It's like my own personal massage/heating pad. :yess:
Don't you love when she does that?! I know I do when mine do. Baby Su will often come up to my face and paw the blankets, wanting to get in beside me, right before I have to get up. Of course, that makes it nearly impossible to do so. Sometimes Tarifa will come up close and start talking and purring, which is just as "bad"; Elvis starts warbling and comes in the room, jumping up next to my head to get on the bedside table and then into the window to check out what's happening in the back yard. Sometimes if I'm lucky he'll settle down next to me, full length. That's Paradise!

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMC how CUTE are THOSE?!! What are their names?
Yes, they are super sweet. :) The one sitting is Nala, who seems to be the sweetest, most happy cat I’ve ever seen. The weirdball behind her is her sister Sorry. They are 12 weeks and I got them on friday. I wasn’t really going to get kittens, since I have 3 older, grumpy cats, but it was love at first sight. :D

And If anyone thinks Sorry is a weird name, she got it because of her face. She loves snacks and will come to you with the face in the picture to get them. She just looks like she’s saying I’m sorry.. do you have any treats for me human? :D

4749A270-93F6-4C98-B147-F5372806657D.jpeg

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
And If anyone thinks Sorry is a weird name, she got it because of her face. She loves snacks and will come to you with the face in the picture to get them. She just looks like she’s saying I’m sorry.. do you have any treats for me human?
I think my icy-cold heart just melted :touched:Sorry is just so precious!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who? Me? :D

View attachment 239737

:yess: It’s kind of hard living with her, because she makes everyone, including me, turn into to a useless ball of Aaaaaaawwwwww. :D Her mum is a persian cat, so in the mix Sorry got the cutest little face.
I'm with KarenKat KarenKat on this. I can't EVEN stand it. *How great of you to adopt these little sweet ones -- and what a lovely furmily you have!* :lovecat3::lovecat4::happycat::happycat: *I see from your profile that you are, and live in, Norway/Norwegian! What a beautiful country -- which I'm sure you know!*

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words! :)

I think I was lucky to get her. I saw their pictures online, and knew I had to have them. I mean, that face.. and they remind me a bit of my baby that had to be put to sleep two years ago. Nala and Sorry is from a litter of five, and their owners had a waiting list of more than 60 people who wanted them. Even with it being summer, and them charging $128 pr kitten, to rule out the less than seriouse owners. So I was lucky to get one, and even more lucky to get the two. Luckily for me, the owners liked the idea of them staying together. The whole litter was amazingly beautiful, so thankfully, the other 3 were boys, and I know my old boys would have a melt down of I came home with a boy. So that kept me from leaving their house with all five of them! So these two came from a good home. My two oldest ones however, not so much.

Thank you. :) Norway is amazing in the summer, in the winter, me and my oldest cat, Pan, feel more like the weather gods are trying to kill us. But yes, I do know that in general we are lucky. And where we live is heaven for the cats, with fields, forrest and very little traffic. :)

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't you love when she does that?! I know I do when mine do. Baby Su will often come up to my face and paw the blankets, wanting to get in beside me, right before I have to get up. Of course, that makes it nearly impossible to do so. Sometimes Tarifa will come up close and start talking and purring, which is just as "bad"; Elvis starts warbling and comes in the room, jumping up next to my head to get on the bedside table and then into the window to check out what's happening in the back yard. Sometimes if I'm lucky he'll settle down next to me, full length. That's Paradise!
Absolutely! She used to sleep on the couch, I'm kind of glad she joins me for wake up time. Certainly not the worst way to wake up.
The only thing that still gets me is the "inch away from your face with my face" part of the routine. Like, is she checking to see if my eyes are open, or checking to make sure I'm still breathing? Haha

Yes, they are super sweet. :) The one sitting is Nala, who seems to be the sweetest, most happy cat I’ve ever seen. The weirdball behind her is her sister Sorry. They are 12 weeks and I got them on friday. I wasn’t really going to get kittens, since I have 3 older, grumpy cats, but it was love at first sight. :D

And If anyone thinks Sorry is a weird name, she got it because of her face. She loves snacks and will come to you with the face in the picture to get them. She just looks like she’s saying I’m sorry.. do you have any treats for me human? :D

View attachment 239735
They are so pretty! You have yourself an adorable set of kittens. Sorrys face would just melt me into a puddle.

Beans<3r

Troublemaker
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! She used to sleep on the couch, I'm kind of glad she joins me for wake up time. Certainly not the worst way to wake up.
The only thing that still gets me is the "inch away from your face with my face" part of the routine. Like, is she checking to see if my eyes are open, or checking to make sure I'm still breathing? Haha

They are so pretty! You have yourself an adorable set of kittens. Sorrys face would just melt me into a puddle.
I think they want to see you open your eyes so they can play! As soon as I open mine in the morning, all bets are off for Beans!

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! :) I am very, very much in love with them. Not only because they are beautiful, but they are just so sweet. They won’t stop purring, and are always happy to meet people. And they don’t seem to mind being stuck in a room, they are just loving and sweet. Hunting for flies and being cute.

I feel like I should post a pic of Nala too, even though she is on the floor, not the bed, in this one:

474F1D13-9C57-4702-826C-53FAE9039DF2.jpeg

She is just a sweetheart. She is like this, on her back, 50 times a day. She loves to be picked up, falls asleep in your arms, and even purrs when she is meeting big, grumpy cats for the first time. :D It’s like she just loves everyone, and just asume everyone will love her back.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! :) I am very, very much in love with them. Not only because they are beautiful, but they are just so sweet. They won’t stop purring, and are always happy to meet people. And they don’t seem to mind being stuck in a room, they are just loving and sweet. Hunting for flies and being cute.

I feel like I should post a pic of Nala too, even though she is on the floor, not the bed, in this one:

View attachment 239758

She is just a sweetheart. She is like this, on her back, 50 times a day. She loves to be picked up, falls asleep in your arms, and even purrs when she is meeting big, grumpy cats for the first time. :D It’s like she just loves everyone, and just asume everyone will love her back.
How I wish it was like that here in the US, where I work 365 days a year advocating for cats in our Animal Care & Control in New York City's 5 Boroughs plus others yearning for loving permanent homes. People here are very irresponsible and uncaring, and they don't think it's their responsibility to spay/neuter and adopt for life. A lot of very uncaring people here. A lot of places will not rent to families with cats. It is abysmal! That is why so many of us work so hard to change this. Much of Europe is light years ahead in their policies. Not all of it, of course.
I dream of the time when there are conditions like you describe -- many people on waiting lists for each cat! and good adoption fees charged.
Ah, I love the snow and the cold, and to me, Norway in winter is a beautiful land! I have a dear friend in Switzerland and the winter there, in the mountains, is also so beautiful.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 239735
:hearthrob::redheartpump::catlove:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 239758

:catlove::hearthrob::redheartpump:

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How I wish it was like that here in the US, where I work 365 days a year advocating for cats in our Animal Care & Control in New York City's 5 Boroughs plus others yearning for loving permanent homes. People here are very irresponsible and uncaring, and they don't think it's their responsibility to spay/neuter and adopt for life. A lot of very uncaring people here. A lot of places will not rent to families with cats. It is abysmal! That is why so many of us work so hard to change this. Much of Europe is light years ahead in their policies. Not all of it, of course.
I dream of the time when there are conditions like you describe -- many people on waiting lists for each cat! and good adoption fees charged.
Ah, I love the snow and the cold, and to me, Norway in winter is a beautiful land! I have a dear friend in Switzerland and the winter there, in the mountains, is also so beautiful.
The work you do is amazing, and so important!

I agree, this whole adoption was a dream scenario, and I was so happy when the owners of the kittens wrote me back asking what kind of life I could offer the kittens. We do have our problems here too, this is the season for cat and kitten dumping, because people are going away for the summer. Just a few days ago there was an article in the newspaper about somebody leaving a box with a mama cat and her kittens in the forrest. Luckily somebody saw it, and got the cats. But I do think things have gotten better in the last few years. A few years ago you would find a lot of kittens being given away for free, at any time. Now it seems like there is lot less kittens, 90% has an adoption fee and most have a lot of people waiting to adopt. Both the animal rights group and people, on social media, has been working on educating people. Getting people to spay/neuter, chip, taking adoption fees and taking responsibility for their cats. We don’t have a problem with wild/feral dogs, because dogs typically cost a lot, and there has been good work done to give cats the same status as dogs. So something has changed since the last time I got a kitten, and that’s amazing. It also helps that the media reports on it, so that people can see the public outcry whenever somebody dump their cats. I’m guessing that is also why the number of homeless cats is going down. We do have them, but not as much as it used to be. Around here I haven’t seen a homeless in 15 years.

So people doing the kind of work you do is important, it’s the reason things have been getting better here.

You can have our winters! :D Pan hates the winter, so he makes himself an indoor cat between november and april. Medusa don’t mind, and all the Norwegian forrest cats I’ve had is Ok with winter, they were designed for it. But Pan is not having it! You’ll find him in front over the fireplace every winter. :)