Post-surgery question

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, it's been years since I've been on this site and in that time my babies have generally enjoyed good health. But since we moved to FL a year ago, it's been one thing after another with my orange tabby, Gator.

Gator had surgery on Thursday to remove a tumor on his back the vet said was probably caused by his recent rabies vaccination. Gator is doing okay, he's not messing with his wound and I've left his e-collar off today. He's not eating today though, and the vet said give him his meds with food. Should I just give them to him anyway, even though he hasn't eaten? I don't want him in pain or developing an infection.

Also, the vet said the company that made the vaccine might reimburse me partially for the cost of the surgery, but that sounds too good to be true. Has anyone had such an experience?

Thank you,
Erin

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience, the vaccine companies will just say it was caused by improper insertion of the needle, bad vet/tech or an infection from a cat banging themselves on something

As far as the meds, will he eats some treats? some of the meds can cause nausea if not given with food, even if its something he usually shouldn't have (I occasionally give mine pills with a piece of meat etc)