Post-spay

Emz99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

My cat was spayed 5 days ago and she had some swelling which the vet prescribed some oral medication and I’ve been giving it to her everyday. Today when I checked up on her the incision seems to have opened a little and there is whitish-yellow discharge from it. Is this something to be worried about? My vet is only available on Thursday, what should I do?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there an unpleasant smell from it. It doesn't look like an infection to me, maybe fluid from under the swelling. Can you send the photo to your vet's practice and ask someone to look at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emz99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi thanks for the response!

there isn’t any smell and it my cat isnt showing any signs of discomfort so I’m not sure if its just fluid from the swelling or something more serious but I’ll try to contact my vet in the morning and see if there’s any response. If there isn’t, is it safe to wait another day?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as the swelling doesn't get worse, there is no yellow/greenish seeping (signs of infection) or redness it should be ok. Try to stop her licking it. If you have a collar so much the better. Keep us updated.