Post Pu Surgery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PJBoy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand you hadn't explained what happened with PJ, but was aware of his passing. I had my own concerns with Tommy and his PU, but my boyfriend said that even if he strictured after the surgery, that we got the extra time with him that we wouldn't have, and that the funds were well spent.
Tom went through it just over two years ago, and he's still here, breaking my things.
I am 100% in agreement on that. All the money spent to do his surgeries was well worth the money because it gave me every moment possible with him.
I am so glad to hear Tom is doing well now. :)

:alright: I didn't realize no one followed up with you on this - I usually try to do that whenever I am engrossed in a thread like yours.

I almost feel as if I knew poor PJ's outcome. I think you might have told us of your heartbreaking loss in another thread?

Did you consider posting a homage and tribute to PJ in the Crossing the Bridge section? If/when ever you might be ready... RIP PJ - albeit belated..
I did post about it briefly in another thread, yes. I just realized this would have been the appropriate thread to update for anyone who is looking for insight.

One day I may of that! I find it quite difficult as of now, but hopefully one day.

ocdana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was the hurtz one. As much as I don't like that brand. That litter helped so much
Thank you so very much I just ordered it from Amazon. Hoping it will give me peace of mind knowing that he's peeing. I'm so paranoid at this point.

Cindy K

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 year old Maine Coon had pu surgery on 9/4/19, 26 days ago. We are fortunate that his wound healed well and he leaves it alone. He is also urinating well, but seems to have issues with urgency. We have litter boxes in the basement and on the enclosed back porch. He will run to the back door and while we are trying to open the door for him his tail will begin to twitch and he will spray a stream right on the cupboard and floor. He is doing this multiple of times a day in the same spot. We are keeping both litter boxes clean so he will want to use it and so we can monitor it. Is this urgency/incontinence common after surgery? We are not sure if he is doing this in other locations. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I would recommend you start your own thread so that it will get better, quicker attention from other members. Maybe make the title Post PU Surgery Urgency/Incontinence, or something like that? And, then just copy what you wrote before as your first post.

I have no experience with this, but would suggest until you get some first hand ideas from others who have experienced something similar that you have a litter box in each and every room that he hangs out in. He might be able to make it to them if one is always near by and would be less traumatic for him since he likely knows what he is doing is 'wrong'.

Cleaning the area with enzymatic cleaners that will remove the urine smell could help as well. I have heard that both Fizzion and SCOE10x can be used safely and successfully on hard surfaces, including wood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PJBoy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 4 year old Maine Coon had pu surgery on 9/4/19, 26 days ago. We are fortunate that his wound healed well and he leaves it alone. He is also urinating well, but seems to have issues with urgency. We have litter boxes in the basement and on the enclosed back porch. He will run to the back door and while we are trying to open the door for him his tail will begin to twitch and he will spray a stream right on the cupboard and floor. He is doing this multiple of times a day in the same spot. We are keeping both litter boxes clean so he will want to use it and so we can monitor it. Is this urgency/incontinence common after surgery? We are not sure if he is doing this in other locations. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
I have sent you a response to your message in my inbox! :)