post pictures of your tabbies here .....

sscarolelombard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, my word! He's just in heaven! These pictures are melting my heart so much. I understand about you feeling so sad about his owners, I'd be the same way. But your husband is right, you guys did SO much trying to find them. Oh, he's just so sweet, your cat! And how lucky you got a quiet one! I love Magnus to death, but he's so loud he sounds like he's screaming in the mornings hahahahaha. His little brother still sleeps in the bathroom at night until we can fix the box spring hole situation we currently have going (Magnus is way too big to fit in there) and he just screams and screams at me to let him out to play and for me to feed them haha. If the screaming doesn't work, he comes and lays on my chest and gets super close to my face and just stares at me. I'm such a sucker I can't even resist it/get a little creeped out, so I just start laughing and get up. 

mamalk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, my word! He's just in heaven! These pictures are melting my heart so much. I understand about you feeling so sad about his owners, I'd be the same way. But your husband is right, you guys did SO much trying to find them. Oh, he's just so sweet, your cat! And how lucky you got a quiet one! I love Magnus to death, but he's so loud he sounds like he's screaming in the mornings hahahahaha. His little brother still sleeps in the bathroom at night until we can fix the box spring hole situation we currently have going (Magnus is way too big to fit in there) and he just screams and screams at me to let him out to play and for me to feed them haha. If the screaming doesn't work, he comes and lays on my chest and gets super close to my face and just stares at me. I'm such a sucker I can't even resist it/get a little creeped out, so I just start laughing and get up. :lol3:  
Oh my gosh you are soooo much more patient then I would be lol I deal with my kids complaining and whining and crying enough having a pet do that would push me over the edge lol I'm sure maybe there is still time for it to start with John! I think he's about a year my husband thinks the same but all my friends say maybe close to 2!we'll hopefully find out next week at the vet! I'm hoping if he's older his quiet low key personality will stay! I am nervous about him getting fixed, I'm afraid it might change his personality, have him more irritable mad etc!?

sscarolelombard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, he's very young then! Magnus is 5 years old haha! But he's been noisy ever since we got him a few months ago, so I'm sure if John was a noisy guy, you'd already know since he's settled in so well! And getting them fixed usually makes them even MORE mellow if anything. Never heard of it making kitties irritable or anything like that. I'm sure others here have better knowledge of that, though, both our boys were already neutered when we adopted them. 

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'd be surprised what wonderful cats get dumped by owners who don't appreciate them. I've volunteered at shelters--the most amazing, friendly, calm, entertaining, intelligent, beautiful cats can be found in shelters. Even the shy ones are often just overwhelmed by the environment. Whether they're brought in as strays or as owner surrenders, shelter cats can be amazing animals.

When a cat is abandoned, there's practically never something "wrong with" the cat. What's wrong is the owners' lack of commitment to taking care of an animal they have total power over. Sometimes it's just bad circumstances--owners die or become homeless--but often times, it's stupid things like, "We're moving and we can't take the cat." Or, "He scratches the furniture." Or "We're having a baby." Like, 99% of the time it's stupid things like that, people who think a cat is a decoration you can just throw out when the novelty wears off or you're tired of taking care of it.

Regarding neutering: My Tiny was the same before and after neutering. No perceptible change at all. Some cats do mellow out a bit, since they're no longer driven to fight for females and spray their territory, and of course females no longer go into heat. A cat's personality isn't really that connected to its reproductive instinct, so neutering tends to leave them more free to be themselves.

Last edited:

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG- I LOVE the picture of your child reading to the cat 
  Too cute!  

We have had cats forever too. Our first black kitty was a love to my girls. He'd sleep in the crib/ bassinette with them.  He'd even "help" finish up the rice cereal 
.  I'd have the kid in the high chair- and she'd be done eating.  I'd take the kid out, turn my back, and I'd hear "clink, clink clink".  Kitty would be helping himself to a snack.  

They were both so sad when he died 
  Mr. Mistoflees was 15 years old, he had kidney issues and it was his time to go.  

I still have to text pictures of the cats regularly to my oldest who is a junior in college.  She misses them when she's away............

Cheryl

momto2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Here is an update on my Tabbies - my bottle fed orphans.  We are keeping two of them - they are such fun and full of energy!  How quickly they went from little "hamsters" to these lovely, lithe full grown kitties.  This was quite the adventure for us but we're so grateful we were able to save them!  (the boy - on the right - now lives in Florida).  

jamieleigh1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww, a whole "gingy" little family! I love it!  (As you can see from my boy, of course I'm partial!) 
 Can't wait to see more pictures of the little ones as they grow!  

desi1323

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had them on Friday we were blessed, the runt seems to be gaining double the weight of everyone else. Will definitely post as they get older. My tabby poly family

desi1323

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!   ........50/50 bar look?? :scratch:
yeah the 50/50 Popsicles I had when I was a kid they were orange with vanilla ice cream I loved them still do. That's what he reminds me of a sweet treat. Lol

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah the 50/50 Popsicles I had when I was a kid they were orange with vanilla ice cream I loved them still do. That's what he reminds me of a sweet treat. Lol
Ooooooh, 
  we knew them as orange cream cycles.  LOL!  Thanks, he is a sweet, sweet boy.  a little sassy sometimes, but mostly sweet.