Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha yes they are little terrors! :angel: They guard the upstairs flight of steps like lion statues flanking each side, and duefully attack anyone who passes without paying the toll (or even those who do!) :bat: :lol3: They live inside with 7 dogs of various sizes and ages and completely rule over and terrorize them all!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Haha yes they are little terrors!
They guard the upstairs flight of steps like lion statues flanking each side, and duefully attack anyone who passes without paying the toll (or even those who do!)
They live inside with 7 dogs of various sizes and ages and completely rule over and terrorize them all!
   They do kind of have that look about them.  

Life sounds risky but fun at your place and Sassy and Bo a pretty purrfect fit.  Hope to see and hear more about them soon.  They are seriously cute.   

azul

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is a British Shorthair. 2 1/2 years old and my buddy. Got him because I always loved that cat in the movie Pet Seminary from the 80's. [emoji]128526[/emoji] Thank you for the kind words, we love him!

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 He is a British Shorthair. 2 1/2 years old
@Azul, I thought  he looked like a British Shorthair but wasn't sure.  I haven't seen Pet Seminary, but yours looks gorgeous and so relaxed about life. My neighbour had two (sisters) who were indoor-only. They were very timid, and would vanish when you visited.  The two humps under the lounge cushions were a dead giveaway, though. 

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 I wrote about the fur in post #937 here, among others.   The coat having both the guard hairs and curly undercoat, and both of the same length so the fur sticks up from the body and can be stroked in all directions has a very unusual feel, not like other cat coats at all as despite being short the fur feels very thick.  The translucent tips to the fur is a breed characteristic and as I say in that earlier post, it is what gives RB cat coat the silvery sheen when light shines on it (but gun metal gray disappearing in to the shadows when the light is dim - all the better for stalking you with 
Thank you @MServant!  I have copied  and printed the relevant posts and will keep them for reference.  Very interesting indeed.
 After I got Mouse I took to traveling with half his carrier taken up with a disposable foil roasting tray that I put a small amount of litter in to.  That keeps him from getting upset at the thought of not being able to pee or poop.  Makes an amazing difference to how Mouse travels. 
This is a great Idea, @MServant    I will see if one will fit and be ready for my next trip.  He takes up a lot of the pet carrier as it is, and can't stand up in it. (It's one of those standard airline carriers.)  But I expect that's pretty common, so if Mouse can do it, hopefully Winston C can too.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is a British Shorthair. 2 1/2 years old and my buddy. Got him because I always loved that cat in the movie Pet Seminary from the 80's. [emoji]128526[/emoji] Thank you for the kind words, we love him!
He is gorgeous. What a sweet face

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Azul    Your British Blue is very handsome - the profile photo is really shows off that lovely head shape they have.   Can't resist falling in love with the sleepy pic' though,  
 and all that lovely dense fur to sink in to.  

@Checkers  

What can I say.  
       I admit it is a tight squeeze for Mouse and a little litter tray in his carrier but he (like most cats I believe) prefers to be in a tight space when traveling - something to do with feeling secure.  In fact, before I introduced the idea of the litter tray I already had a little box he liked which fitted neatly in to half the carrier and he used to curl up in that so the tray was simple to add in.   He does have quite a large, rectangular wire carrier though because it was from a previous cat that was vet phobic and had to be sedated while still in there.  It's like a rescue crush basket.  As you can imagine, it weighs a tonne by the time I add Mouse to the weight of the carrier!

I'll let Mouse know you think I should feed him some more.  It will make him very happy!  
He is still not impressed with my keeping to rations for his prescription food and no snacks, esp when it gets to at around 5 am.  
  He is developing a bit of a habit of attacking my arm like it's a rabbit kill and that is NOT a good way to be woken up of a morning....  

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I admit it is a tight squeeze for Mouse and a little litter tray in his carrier but he (like most cats I believe) prefers to be in a tight space when traveling - something to do with feeling secure.  In fact, before I introduced the idea of the litter tray I already had a little box he liked which fitted neatly in to half the carrier and he used to curl up in that so the tray was simple to add in.   He does have quite a large, rectangular wire carrier though because it was from a previous cat that was vet phobic and had to be sedated while still in there.  It's like a rescue crush basket.  As you can imagine, it weighs a tonne by the time I add Mouse to the weight of the carrier!

I'll let Mouse know you think I should feed him some more.  It will make him very happy!  
He is still not impressed with my keeping to rations for his prescription food and no snacks, esp when it gets to at around 5 am.  
  He is developing a bit of a habit of attacking my arm like it's a rabbit kill and that is NOT a good way to be woken up of a morning....  
@Mouse, I am certainly going to try the little litter tray in the cage for the next trip.  Thank you for that advice!  

Oh, poor Mouse is on prescription-food rations.I know the feeling. I do hope he's feeling better for it, but I like him just the way he is.  I've been giving Winston everything he wants both to make him feel at home, and in the hope I can fill out the little hollows in front of his back legs.  He is a bit sunken in that area, but otherwise well padded.

Not good about the bite-on-the-arm alarm in the mornings though.  I am yet to experience that.  He's very good at kneading, though, which can be a painful way to wake if there's not enough material between his claws and my skin. 

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

This was Otto. I found her in a friend's garden as a kitten back in the early 90s. She became an indoor/outdoor cat at my parents house. One day she went out and didn't come back. We looked everywhere and eventually assumed something had happened to her or (we hoped) someone else took her in. Around this time my dad started getting sick. Around three weeks later I opened the door and there sat Otto, 'talking' it up as if telling of her long adventure. My dad's face lit up when Otto came in and jumped onto his lap. She was one of his favorites. Not long after, his condition worsened and he passed away in late '94, I always wondered if she somehow knew something was wrong and came back to see him. My mom took her then and they later moved to Florida. She knew they had a connection.

Sadly Otto passed away in the early/mid 2000s. Pretty sure she went to see him again.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Otto looks beautiful on those pictures @Engine4154, and her story is even more beautiful.   I can almost hear her telling you her story as she told you her story of those weeks.   
    How lovely to think of her curled up with your dad, safe together.  

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Engine4154  , Otto is beautiful, and what a special, pull-on-the-heart-strings story.  Interesting to me, as my former music teacher was a cat lover and had cats all her life. She told me how her cats always knew when she was sick or distressed, and responded with paying her much more attention.  She said when her mother was sick and then died, her cats would not leave her alone.  

Thanks for sharing your amazing story about Otto.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My late Sascha was like that also. Whenever there was a sound from either me or the other cats that indicated that someone was in pain (cat squabble anyone?) he'd come running, making his pitiful "Mau" sounds as if he was trying to ask what was the matter  and how could he help. When I'd be sick with the flu or a bad cold or when I had sprained my ankle and particularly when I was recovering from surgery he would hardly leave my side, curled  up next to me and otherwise he would never sleep with me in my bed (although he loved my bed when nobody was in it).

checkers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Engine4154  - @segelkatt's story is yet another like this.  I think there must be something in their senses to perceive grief and distress.  I am not sure about sensing it from a distance, as Otto did, but when he did come home at the right time he certainly perceived your dad needed comfort and met those needs.  Amazing animals.