Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
This is Xena Princess Warrior.

She is tired from a lot of research on male cats.
LoL, on line dating definitely looks like hard work.  I take it she didn't meet any toms that looked like a fair match.   She's a very pretty baby.  

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a Tom she could date, as long as she's ok with no kittens in the future, and likes playing chase and wrestling...

On a serious note, Eddie is REALLY not having it when my baby blue Binx tries to play wrestle or encourage a game of chase... I think this introduction has gone SNAFU :(

poison

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Oooh welcome to the blue zone Poison. Very handsome. 
     How old is Poison now?   He still looks fairly young in your pictures @Poison
 Hi @MServant,

Poison will turn 3 years old in august. The last picture I posted was taken last may. He still has a baby face right?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Hi @MServant,

Poison will turn 3 years old in august. The last picture I posted was taken last may. He still has a baby face right?
LoL, Poison looks about as babyish as Mouse does these days...  but I still adore him so it's not so bad.  At least Poison looks a bit more masculine - Mouse has a tendency to look rather like his fur mom.

@Raksha   Maybe it is a good thing and your guys are just working things out between them:  they need to figure out what games and habits are OK if they are going to share space.  If they are not getting in to serious fur-ripping scraps where it looks like they are going to seriously harm each other it doesn't sound bad to me for their only having met a couple of days ago.  The other thing is that Binx will start to settle down quite naturally at some point in the next couple of years and then they will adjust further.  When cats share space they will often adjust roles several times over the years. 

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Raksha   Maybe it is a good thing and your guys are just working things out between them:  they need to figure out what games and habits are OK if they are going to share space.  If they are not getting in to serious fur-ripping scraps where it looks like they are going to seriously harm each other it doesn't sound bad to me for their only having met a couple of days ago.  The other thing is that Binx will start to settle down quite naturally at some point in the next couple of years and then they will adjust further.  When cats share space they will often adjust roles several times over the years. 
@MServant   Eddie is with me on a foster-to-adopt basis, so after a month, if they're not close to being best friends, Eddie will return to his foster mother, and her girls. If they do become close, I pay the adoption fee, and Eddie stays permanently.

OMG, something just clicked in my head. Eddie has been living in a foster home with girl cats, who don't often play as rough as boy cats. Maybe this is why Eddie is so defensive... he may not be used to it, and has been caught off guard. Binx is smart, though. He's starting to realize that Eddie doesn't like being pounced on, so he just bunny hops like a mad-cat around, trying to get Eddie to play. @StephenQ  gave me some good advice, which I'm going to employ (as far as playtime/friendship-forging goes) this evening, when Binx is most hyper.

Maybe this CAN be saved *fingers crossed*

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EDDIE IS GROOMING BINX!!! I'D POST A PICTURE BUT I'M AFRAID IF I GET UP FOR MY CAMERA I'LL RUIN THE MOMENT!

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Norachan  

Apparently all it took was for me to take all of the toys away (except for a comfort toy for each), to force them to accept each other. Ignoring them also helped, as bad as it sounds, because they realized that neither of them was getting any attention/approval from me for their behavior.

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, and they really were on the right track ^_^

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   You have one very handsome kitty there @Horatiothecat, and it looks like he knows it too.  He has lovely big ears and whisker pads too, and the green eyes to go with them.       Nice pose there.  
    He looks very happy and content in that smart collar, and maybe just a little hint of a cheaky grin.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooh, cute babies @MissMolly86.  I love that you have an avid reader there, what an accomplished little kit'.  

Is the second photo of mom and kitten?  If so, how old now and what are their names?