Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is the best I could get of his face, for now. Lol

Any ideas, by his face, if he is a RB? I live his face tho, it's panther like. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He definitely is handsome!! :heart4:    Do you have any other pictures of him? Some close ups of his fur and definitely that handsome face would be good. Are his eyes green? It's hard to tell from the camera flash. @MServant
 or @StefanZ
 both know a lot about Russian Blues so either or both of them can help you make an ID on him. @MServant
's Mouse is a gorgeous Russian Blue so you can look at his pictures on this thread and make a comparison that way also. Congratulations on your new family member! :clap:  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Blue is really handsome @mbeyley  , and his face is very sweet.  Well as sweet as panthers can be of course when he's wanting to be a big mean man cat!  
     Mouse is what I call a 'pretty boy' - he looks more like his mom than his dad! LoL.

Blue's fur looks lovely and soft there in you hand, I can almost feel it here.  His looks are very like a Russian Blue to me but I'm not sure his fur has the very dense, sticking up double coat structure to it.  It is hard to see in pictures though - the feel of it is amazing.  The fur has the guard hair and downy under coat as the same length so it can be brushed or stroked both ways and doesn't lay flat other than perhaps on the legs and down the spine a little.  The fur also has lack of pigment at the tip which gives the fur a silvery appearance when light shines on it.  If Blue has this fur he does have some good qualities which are necessary for Russian Blues.  The breed is naturally occurring and occasionally cats do appear outwith the pedigree breeding lines with all of the qualities of the breed standard.   (Generally these include all gray fur with no white or other colour, no bands or markings other than on the tail, green eyes, and the double coat with transparent tip).

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blue is really handsome @mbeyley
 , and his face is very sweet.  Well as sweet as panthers can be of course when he's wanting to be a big mean man cat!  :lol3:      Mouse is what I call a 'pretty boy' - he looks more like his mom than his dad! LoL.
Blue's fur looks lovely and soft there in you hand, I can almost feel it here.  His looks are very like a Russian Blue to me but I'm not sure his fur has the very dense, sticking up double coat structure to it.  It is hard to see in pictures though - the feel of it is amazing.  The fur has the guard hair and downy under coat as the same length so it can be brushed or stroked both ways and doesn't lay flat other than perhaps on the legs and down the spine a little.  The fur also has lack of pigment at the tip which gives the fur a silvery appearance when light shines on it.  If Blue has this fur he does have some good qualities which are necessary for Russian Blues.  The breed is naturally occurring and occasionally cats do appear outwith the pedigree breeding lines with all of the qualities of the breed standard.   (Generally these include all gray fur with no white or other colour, no bands or markings other than on the tail, green eyes, and the double coat with transparent tip).
I know what you mean about the transparent tips... mostly on his feet, it looks almost white/silver until you look closely. There is no white on him at all. His fur is very dense feeling. I will try and get better pictures of him. He just adopted I'm us in Saturday so he is still getting used to everything/everyone. Thank you!!

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi again everyone!

I went to visit Conan the Grey (and my boyfriend while I was there     
He must have sensed that the movie finished, so he woke up and I cradled him for a little. He's gotten soo big (compared to his 2-3 week old self on the right)!    

We got up and he stood on his "throne" where he watches over his catdom. In the first one he's yawing and in the second one he's measuring his jump   
Go Baby Cat! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

@MagiksGirl   That little punkin's almost the spitting image of Mouse when he was a chubby little munchkin!  
   Conan's quite adorable, I think that BF of yours is lucky to even get a mention.  LoL. 

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you @MServant  ! That's quite the compliment considering Mouse is so handsome 

My boyfriend (and his mom and sister) are in love with Conan! Conan even won over the heart of my sister-in-law who "hated" cats, granted when she was a child (about 10-15 years ago) a previous cat peed on her head at 1am because they say "he hated her".

I've been told Conan likes to roam the beds at night and depending on his mood, he sleeps next to my boyfriend's head (though my bf has to move him because he begins to purr very loudly next to his ears and he can't sleep 
) or in my mother and sister-in law's room in their bed between them! 

He also took rule of the house. I kinda feel sorry for the tiny poodle dog they still have, when I come visit she seems to have been submitted (my guess by Conan) to stay in her doggie bed and she doesn't get up anymore though she is still lively when you talk to her, so I believe it's mostly an "the alpha is the cat" thing.

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know what you mean about the transparent tips... mostly on his feet, it looks almost white/silver until you look closely. There is no white on him at all. His fur is very dense feeling. I will try and get better pictures of him. He just adopted I'm us in Saturday so he is still getting used to everything/everyone. Thank you!!

Here is another [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@mbeyley   He looks so adorable ^_^ like a slimmer version of my pudgy little Binx 

The best photo you could submit for a good look over would be one of him in some sunshine, so the sheen of his pelt can be seen, or the tail rings. One of him standing would help, too. I'm fairly certain my Binxy-butt is a RB mix (ergo a Maltese), because he has all the features of an RB, but his coat is a little longer and darker than most of the purebred images I've seen. Then again, I'm no expert: @MServant   and @StefanZ  are 

He's still gorgeous!!! ^_^ I love blue kitties

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Eek!   Please don't get to thinking I'm an expert!!!     
   For one thing,  I'd never even seen a Russian Blue in the fur before I went to meet Mouse and got to see him and his mom.  LoL     StefanZ has a lot more years of experience than me, but honestly, there are loads of people around this site, and even more no doubt reading and lurking in the background who know a heap more.   A lot of the descriptions I give are based on what I have learned from the various RB associations and cat breed information sites put together with what I have been told about Mouse by breeders and judges at cat shows.  (On that note, yes, I am afraid Mouse is officially tubby

).

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 , and his face is very sweet.  Well as sweet as panthers can be of course when he's wanting to be a big mean man cat!  :lol3:      Mouse is what I call a 'pretty boy' - he looks more like his mom than his dad! LoL.

mbeyley

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Here is another pic of his face

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Here is another pic of his face
I'm not sure about the fur but wow, those eyes are a beautiful olive green!  I wish Mouse's eyes were that colour. 
     He has a half sister with amazing aqua green eyes which I have always admired but these are very, very pretty.

raksha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's a nice pic of my baby blue, Binx, and his new brother, Eddie. Chilling together on the tile I laid down less than two days after meeting!!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh welcome to the blue zone Poison. Very handsome. 
     How old is Poison now?   He still looks fairly young in your pictures @Poison