Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here!

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lot of the cats at the shelter I volunteer at are blue/grey. Many of them solid, some bicolor, others tabby. Here are the ones here right now, so beautiful.

Kip is a tabby pattern blue.

Rupert is blue with a white locket on his chest.

Ardy is blue and white bicolor.

Mochie is blue/grey with the typical green eyes. She has a beautiful frosty sheen to her fur.

Cade is more blue and less silver than Mochie with stunning eyes.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I have been negligent recently and not taken any photographs of Mouse.   I had my camera out this week and thought it was time I got a few snaps of him 'at play'.  He got a fresh new nip toy and did a bit of rolling about for a change.  We've had another lodger over the last couple of months and his belly mysteriously became more rounded again.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Oh yes, there is entirely too much rounded belly being displaced and I think that last one really shows off that it is BELLY, not the primordial pouch. Since he is almost lying on his back the pouch would also almost disappear. Let's face it, Mouse needs to go on a diet to get his svelte figure back. Go, Mouse, go, you can do it! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Oh yes, there is entirely too much rounded belly being displaced and I think that last one really shows off that it is BELLY, not the primordial pouch. Since he is almost lying on his back the pouch would also almost disappear. Let's face it, Mouse needs to go on a diet to get his svelte figure back. Go, Mouse, go, you can do it! 
   That's good information @segelkatt, and adds further motivation for me to get Mouse back in to some kind of healthy shape.  
  Not quite sure how, but it has to happen.   He's nearly 6 and has to think about his long term health - no way do I want him to have higher than need be risks of diabetes or heart disease (arthritis is a likely thing anyway given how he's always thrown himself about from great heights).  His winter fur makes it kind of difficult feeling for his ribs even when he's muscular and fit but these days they are far too well hidden.  I was visiting his breeder last week and Mouse is way larger than any of the cats she has there, even the more mature ones who have been neutered.  
   Well, other than his maternal grandma: she's about as tubby as her grandson.  
  He's got her wonderful fur, but it seems he has her 'tubby' gene too. 

These two handsome dudes both got adopted yesterday! Congrats Kip and Cade.  : )
'With you'
  was my first thought there @GitaBooks  , but then I realized you were probably just celebrating them going to a lovely new home. Someone has two totally gorgeous kitties there.  Cade, the solid blue cat looks very like a young Mouse.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@MServant  and Mouse - no more treats! Only 1/4 cup of wet food for breakfast and 1/4 cup of kibble for the rest of the day should bring Mouse into good shape in no time. If he has eaten all his kibble during the day you can put a little more kibble down for the night. He won't starve although he will make pitiful noises to convince you otherwise. Put big marbles in his  food bowl so he won't just scarf it down but has to eat around it and thus slow down. Good luck. Mouse, you don't want to be fat, take the late Sascha as an example.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you @segelkatt  .  Mouse is a funny guy and not known for scarfing down any food (other than the very rare occasions he gets a Lick e Lix tube - at which time he takes on the appearance of a seriously addicted beast with black pupils taking over his enire eyes 
 ).  

He only snacks from his food bowl so his daily ration is split between his food bowl and a tin kept in the sitting room:  he is on a strict dental kibble diet and prefers to get it 'on the move' so he can hunt and chase it around the room.   Thankfully the dental kibble is in the form of large ball shaped biscuits and suits this feeding method well other than the need to vaccuum up piles of crumbs on a regular basis.  
     Even if I put food in his bowl it doesn't help much with the mess because he'll pick it out one biscuit at a time and run off with it to crunch down somewhere else - usually on my bedside rug.  

It will be much easier making sure only one daily ration is put out in to the bowl/tin now it's just me here who feeds him.   Poor guy: he really wasn't happy last night when he saw how thin the sprinkle of kibble was that went in to his supper bowl.  

Sascha is indeed a fine example for Mouse to keep in his eye - I must show him photographs regularly and see if it helps motivate him (as well as it does me).  

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant  , I am glad to see Mouse once again.  You know, it is amazing how cats and TCS bring cat people together, but I know that Mouse and my Speedy share something in common, they both have a "Round-about" cat litter box by Booda box, I think is the maker.  Call me crazy, but when I change/clean Speedy's box, I say to her, "You know, Mouse has a box like this"!  Of course, she fully understands.
  Anyhow, I am glad to see Mouse having fun with his toy (prey) and the photos are great!  Thank you!

I also love all the blue cats posted here.  Thanks everyone!! 

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

'With you'
  was my first thought there @GitaBooks  , but then I realized you were probably just celebrating them going to a lovely new home. Someone has two totally gorgeous kitties there.  Cade, the solid blue cat looks very like a young Mouse.
I sure wish I could adopt some of those kitties, but we've already got six and some of my family have allergies! Crazy, I know, but we totally make it work.

Cade certainly is a beauty. And really sweet too. Just like your Mouse.  

That is wonderful news @GitaBooks  Did they go together or to separate homes?
I think they went to separate homes (they weren't related and didn't come in together so they weren't bonded). It was kind of surprising that three adult cats (Shrimpy a tabby van was also adopted) all found homes in one day. It takes months to find adult cats homes, so it really is something to celebrate.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Well 2 grey kitties and a Van sound pretty special, and if the Van was as gorgeous as Kip and Cabe there are 3 very lucky households out there.  It's great that people are taking in adult cats and not only little kittens.  Some families prefer not taking kittens here because it can be easier, and you avoid those razor sharp kitten claws (and teeth).   

@raysmyheart   I'm afraid you will have to break the news to Speedy that Mouse is currently using a new box - another, more recent design from Booda.  It's an open top one.  I love it as it's still that round, half orb which allows lots of space and digging but doesn't use much litter, but Mouse is a total pain and now leaps straight up out of his box and up on to my bed.  
  Why did I not think of that before getting it?  

Oh well, I guess it saves tracking taking over the rest of the apartment, it's just I have to sweep out my bed every night before I get in.  

(It would help if there was some space other than right next to my bed but it's either there or the small kitchen and on that basis I'd rather live with the litter sweeping.  
   I suppose I can also think of the leaping up and over the bed as exra exersize for him  
 and he definitely likes his new box too.   

Last edited:

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This poor girl is new to our shelter. She came in as a stray. Her name is Kitsi and she is a pretty grey/blue tabby. She might be blind in one eye, we aren't sure yet. I can't wait to see her come out of her shell and get healthy again.

Butters is a blue/grey ticked tabby with white paws. She is a 1-year-old female and so sweet. She is up for adoption now, after loosing her house in a fire.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What beauties @GitaBooks, and how terrible to loose a home in a fire - I hope no one hurt or lost there and relieved this little one is at least alive if without a home for a while.

Big vibes for Kitsi to find a loving home, she looks so sad and frightened there and has such beautiful markings.  At least someone can check the situation with her eye while she is with you and save sight if possible.