Post Cystitis And Struvite Crystals Diagnosis

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I will look into the various sites you provided. As far as the laptop bag, it has been kept in our bedroom, which is off limits to Fred. He brought it out to leave for work, set it down for less than 5 minutes, and left. I am sorry you went thru what you did with your ex. I do have my own credit card but he is still the one that pays it. We moved about a year ago and it was decided between us that I would not work for the first year or so. This would allow me to get us settled and get to know the area, establish docs/vets, etc. This time has also allowed me to travel with him and explore a state that we now live in. I will get a part time job in the fall. I will let you know what the vet says tomorrow.
Hoping and praying for some good news from the vet.
Thanks for kind thoughts. My mom also taught me a valuable life lesson based on her and her mom's experiences: NEVER put your life and/or the lives of your loved ones in the hands of someone else. That's one of the most important bits of wisdom I ever aquired.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fred'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hoping and praying for some good news from the vet.
Thanks for kind thoughts. My mom also taught me a valuable life lesson based on her and her mom's experiences: NEVER put your life and/or the lives of your loved ones in the hands of someone else. That's one of the most important bits of wisdom I ever aquired.
Fred is home!! They stopped the Prozac, as he was having a reaction to it. Have him on Valium and is responding well to it. He has peed twice this afternoon in the litter box. Hoping we have a good weekend. My husband went with me to pick Fred up and was able to talk to the vet. It was good for him to hear that this takes time and it can be handled.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred is home!! They stopped the Prozac, as he was having a reaction to it. Have him on Valium and is responding well to it. He has peed twice this afternoon in the litter box. Hoping we have a good weekend. My husband went with me to pick Fred up and was able to talk to the vet. It was good for him to hear that this takes time and it can be handled.
:yess::yess::yess:

Fred'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So happy to read Fred is home. :cheerleader: Hope you all have a good weekend. :heartshape:
Thank you so much. It has been a great day today! I know it's baby steps but I am taking them any way I can. He has peed big pee balls (almost orange size) in the litter box on his own. And he hasn't licked himself after each pee!! I think the Valium is helping him. And my husband has been home to witness these small steps and it helps to show him Fred is capable, we just have to be patient.

Fred'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to give all an update on Fred. It has been 12 days since we brought Fred home. He has been accident free every single day!!! I am beyond thrilled. He is on anti-spasm meds as well as Valium. We did add a bigger litter box to the back corner of the basement, which he seems to love. I have slowly been adding area rugs back into the house as well as allowing him to have more rooms to go in. Again, no accidents. I am sure the Valium has everything to do with it but at this time I am loving my sweet baby. And the husband is thrilled!! Thank you again to all who have replied to my post.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanted to give all an update on Fred. It has been 12 days since we brought Fred home. He has been accident free every single day!!! I am beyond thrilled. He is on anti-spasm meds as well as Valium. We did add a bigger litter box to the back corner of the basement, which he seems to love. I have slowly been adding area rugs back into the house as well as allowing him to have more rooms to go in. Again, no accidents. I am sure the Valium has everything to do with it but at this time I am loving my sweet baby. And the husband is thrilled!! Thank you again to all who have replied to my post.
What WONDERFUL news, Fred'smom Fred'smom -- thank you for sharing it with us! May Fred continue to thrive!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just FYI, I've just gotten an email from a longtime favorite cat-stuff company with this new-to-me product offered:
Cat Odor-Off - Cat Claws, Inc

Zoya&Zirka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so happy that Fred is doing better :D:yess:
My boy true to form peed in my bathroom sink when I got home from camp. I discovered it when I got up from my nap, then the next morning he did it again right in front of me (looking at me the entire time :redtongue:), then he was fine the rest of the time I was home, he even decided to nap in the sink in the other bathroom (the one my boyfriend uses). Now I'm back in camp and he peed in my sink again, he definitely doesn't like me leaving for work. Oh well I can live with him using the sink as opposed to the rest of the house. I'm going to have to look into that Cat Odor Off.... Nature's Miracle can get over whelming.

Fred'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy that Fred is doing better :D:yess:
My boy true to form peed in my bathroom sink when I got home from camp. I discovered it when I got up from my nap, then the next morning he did it again right in front of me (looking at me the entire time :redtongue:), then he was fine the rest of the time I was home, he even decided to nap in the sink in the other bathroom (the one my boyfriend uses). Now I'm back in camp and he peed in my sink again, he definitely doesn't like me leaving for work. Oh well I can live with him using the sink as opposed to the rest of the house. I'm going to have to look into that Cat Odor Off.... Nature's Miracle can get over whelming.
Isn't it crazy how their behavior is? Little spoiled rotten rascals! At least your baby is using the sink. Is is appropriate to say "lucky you"? Nature's Miracle can be overwhelming but it works. The smell of it has finally left our house! Thankfully the weather is nice and I can open a few windows. Problem now is that we got Fred a cat wheel and the newness of it stinks! Kinda a plastic smell. Oh well, windows are open today so it should help. Fred continues to do great on the Valium. He has about 5 days left of the anti-spasm meds so we shall see how he does once those are out of his system. I still give him the Cosequin along with wet and dry urinary formula. So far it's working and I am sticking with the plan! Thank you for your support!