Post a picture of your cat yawning ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

You can get a better yawn that this one?    Looking forward to the next photo of Hekitty then.  
   Can you cat someone to take a video of you staling her too and post that here as well?  
Unfortunately, I live in a very small town where I know almost no one...you'd thing after 9 years here, I'd have scads of friends, but no, only one or two.  I'm quite a recluse.  And the few people I do know don't have video cameras, we're all old and living on our social security, and doing well to keep our internet turned on!  But should I be able to get such a thing, I will post it with this warning...that mountain is meh fanny!

@cat nap   Oh, we have a long history of stalking one another, Hekitty and I.  It's a game to us.  She's generally ahead by 15 points or so.

Last edited:

suzannef

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great picture of Archie! Cute how his arms (legs, technically) are crossed! [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lord, but I love kitteh gullets.  They're just so darned cute!  And nobody, but nobody, puts their hearts and souls into a yawn more than cats, with the possible exception of very young infants.  It must be a function of innocence!

zoeyandme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Amazing that you captured this on camera. I love the effort put into this big yawn! Arms and all lol!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this kitty and I love this yawn!! I may be partial, however, because my Speedy has very similar colors on her body, but she has a calico face (blue eyes)!  She is a siamese calico mix.  Sawyer looks like he is really enjoying this yawn!  You really got a great photo! 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@heatherw00....I love this above photo of your cat.

It's like s/he is coming out from under their favourite sleeping spot, and saying, "Okay, time to start my afternoon, now. Lovely corner, no one bothers me, over here."

Great photo.

Zoey's always getting into my knitting stuff.....

@zoeyandme....I still cannot stop smiling when I see this above photo.

Zoey could be a cat model on the shopping channel, or 'knitting channel'.(All items available, except for the laughing cat.)

"Hey mom, what are you going to knit today?" 

A really good theme, and beautiful photo.

zoeyandme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the sweet reply. She always lays on my knitting patterns too. When I look at it I think she's saying "YAY! I got a new box". Lol. Have a great day!

heatherw00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

It's like s/he is coming out from under their favourite sleeping spot, and saying, "Okay, time to start my afternoon, now. Lovely corner, no one bothers me, over here."

Great photo.

Zoey could be a cat model on the shopping channel, or 'knitting channel'.(All items available, except for the laughing cat.)

Great photo.

You would be correct about that corner and bookcase being the favorite napping corner for Lucky and his brother Batman.  It drives my kids crazy when they are under there for hours.  I'm not complaining because the kids will lay on their bellies for a long time just waiting for the cats to come out.

My favorite thing about cats is there "you can't make me do anything" attitude.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the sweet reply. She always lays on my knitting patterns too. When I look at it I think she's saying "YAY! I got a new box". Lol. Have a great day!
I think she's saying that, too.
You might have to re-post it in this other thread about 'cats and boxes': http://www.thecatsite.com/t/288834/cats-and-boxes-anyone

I love the simple things that cats love.

But laying on knitting patterns...oops...that might be a bit awkward, in trying to move her off of them. (Hence, having the empty box, is good, I guess.)

Yawning and falling asleep on one of your patterns...not so good. 

(Have a great day, too.)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

You would be correct about that corner and bookcase being the favorite napping corner for Lucky and his brother Batman.  It drives my kids crazy when they are under there for hours.  I'm not complaining because the kids will lay on their bellies for a long time just waiting for the cats to come out.

My favorite thing about cats is there "you can't make me do anything" attitude.
I totally love that 'cat attitude', too,..."You can't make me do anything" attitude.

I also love the way cats teach us stuff...As in teaching your kids 'patience', that must be tough.

And well, I guess we learn 'patience, relax, stretch' ...too. I also love the overall 'calming effect' that cats have.

I have to take the advice that members have told me,... always have a camera ready...getting 'yawning shots' is quite difficult. (Sleeping shots are much easier.)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still stalking Hekitty...she's caught on to me.  I had the camera in my hand, she saw it, TURNED HER BACK AND YAWNED!!!  I am being outsmarted by this perfidious feline at every turn of the road!