Post a picture of your cat yawning ;)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
  Goodness, I cannot stop laughing.

But Note to Self: 'do not look at any photos of 'demon impressions' before going to bed. 

I think it's the fact that Carpet is 'reaching out' with that paw that makes the photo more impressive, and scary, too.(But that cute Teddy in the background adds a warm touch.)

Thanks for the laughs, @Norachan...depending on my dreams tonight, ...I think. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Goodness, I cannot stop laughing.

But Note to Self: 'do not look at any photos of 'demon impressions' before going to bed. 

I think it's the fact that Carpet is 'reaching out' with that paw that makes the photo more impressive, and scary, too.(But that cute Teddy in the background adds a warm touch.)

Thanks for the laughs, @Norachan...depending on my dreams tonight, ...I think. 

@Norachan  That is such a fun picture of the amazing Carpet.  
     @cat nap   I agree, that outstretched paw is extra scary but I'm not so sure on the teddy effect:  I find it even more sinister.  It's like Carpet is celebrating the demise of poor Ted there.  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MServant  

@Norachan  That is such a fun picture of the amazing Carpet.  
     @cat nap   I agree, that outstretched paw is extra scary but I'm not so sure on the teddy effect:  I find it even more sinister.  It's like Carpet is celebrating the demise of poor Ted there.  

"...the demise of poor Ted there."....What?? Oh, no!!??   

(Note to Self Again:  "Temporarily...Stay away from both @Norachan's lovely photos of cats and cute teddys, and @MServant's wilder explanation of Teddy's demise." 

And if Anne decides to do a 'picture of the month' with cats and teddy bears...then don't think of poor Ted, he may have been offered protection by the other cats.  

) .  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Carpet is truly sorry to have caused so much concern and so many sleepless nights. Teddy was never in any danger. She loves Teddy, they all do. Look at what a furry little dot she was when she was a kitten. Seriously, how could anyone be scared of her?

@cat nap  Trip looks like he's yelling there.

"Hey Mom! Whatcha gonna do about this floor?"

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

@Norachan    I am a massive Carpet fan and think she is gorgeous no matter how scary she looks - even if jesting about her anihilating teddybears.  

Her fur is just too special for words - now those eyes on the other hand....  

@cat nap  Tripp looks very cute even when yelling at you to do something about 'that floor'.  
   Maybe you were being laughed at for suggesting a scratching board was required rather than the necessary shredding of what lay beneath? 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I forgot that kitten Archer, last august 2015, found some of my ideas very strange. I think he wanted to move to another country, due to embarrassment.

(Or maybe he was yelling at me, too, ...gosh...I gotta get going on that floor.)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot that kitten Archer, last august 2015, found some of my ideas very strange. I think he wanted to move to another country, due to embarrassment.

(Or maybe he was yelling at me, too, ...gosh...I gotta get going on that floor.)

Oh no, poor Archer.  
    Looks like he's screaming to be allowed in to that back pack and sent to West Africa for some reason....  
     Or was it he knew one of his humans was going somewhere and wasn't planning to take him along?   It's a lovely sleek and shiny photo when you manage to move your eyes from that mouth full of impressive fangs.  

Wow, that is a brilliant new business idea for your kit's.  
    They could have great fun tearing up flooring for everyone, and maybe you could work out some other game for them which involved clearing up the mess.   Not sure what but there has to be some way to do it.  Maybe if you work on that in your house before you start offering their services to other folk you will be able to charge higher fees for their services.  

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a young Tripp, taken in july 2015,  laughing or yawning at the whole matter.

(the scary part are the floor tiles, but if you focus on the cat, and not the tiles, then it's slightly less scary. Maybe Tripp is appalled by the slow progress in home renovations.)

This little guy looks like he is singing in a chorus, giving it his all! 
 His little face is unbelievably cute and priceless!  Does he like to meow a lot?  Maybe he is trying to sing! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He could, indeed!

Well, it took a lot of stalking, and crawling, and dodging and praying, but I finally caught Hekitty yawning!  It isn't quite the shot I was hoping for, but it beats nothing.  I shall continue to stalk her assiduously. 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   You can get a better yawn that this one?    Looking forward to the next photo of Hekitty then.  
   Can you cat someone to take a video of you staling her too and post that here as well?  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
  @Mamanyt1953... Not so sure about the wise decision of continuing to 'stalk' your Hekitty, for a 'yawning photograph'...but because this above one turned out so fabulously, then it all seems worth it, from where I'm sitting.

Of course, if you find yourself being 'stalked' by Hekitty in return, then maybe it's going to be a little dangerous, in getting some more great yawning photos.

Can you maybe explain to her, what you are trying to do, ahead of time, and then there won't be any confusion, or strange looks. (If it works out for you, then I'll try to attempt it myself. You'll have to post more pointers about how to 'casually get a yawning shot'...or 'step-by-step instructions on how to stalk a cat, without getting hurt, for a cool photograph'.)  

I'm not so sure about @MServant's suggestion about catching/getting someone to get a video of you stalking Hekitty, ...though it would be hilarious to see.

I fear that there may be too much danger involved...with all the crawling, dodging and praying.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise