Possibly Siamese Tabby Mix?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinyseaturtles tinyseaturtles - First off, welcome to TCS. I hate going out on a limb, and her Siamese influence is clear simply from her pointing, but can you give us an idea as to how close to this:

mesemau.jpg

is to her eye colouration? Spotted Tabbies are actually Broken Mackerals whose stripes are completely interrupted. In her case, I can't manage to connect the dots on the stripes - her "spots" seem actually to be rosetted in many cases. Are her back legs longer than her front legs by any chance?

Dear Heavens, but she's an incredibly beautiful girl!

abyeb abyeb StefanZ StefanZ Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico @kashmir64 - are any of you seeing the cross I seem to be seeing here?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No... of course there is no impossibiliy a point whom is also a spotted tabby even if its rare. Spotted tabbies arent common. The most renown spotted tabby whom is a point are snow bengals. The colors here are wrong - so IF. Its a snow bengal of very pet quality. Still the face is ok for an bengal.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Tabby is a coat marking, not a breed in itself, so your kitty does have tabby markings- but the breed wouldn't be called tabby. Her spots look random- so maybe some Bengal influence is possible- but probably not like a super close relative. So I'd say some Siamese influence- maybe with some Bengal in there. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tinyseaturtles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
tinyseaturtles tinyseaturtles - First off, welcome to TCS. I hate going out on a limb, and her Siamese influence is clear simply from her pointing, but can you give us an idea as to how close to this:

View attachment 195353

is to her eye colouration? Spotted Tabbies are actually Broken Mackerals whose stripes are completely interrupted. In her case, I can't manage to connect the dots on the stripes - her "spots" seem actually to be rosetted in many cases. Are her back legs longer than her front legs by any chance?

Dear Heavens, but she's an incredibly beautiful girl!

abyeb abyeb StefanZ StefanZ Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico @kashmir64 - are any of you seeing the cross I seem to be seeing here?
I haven't measured but her back legs do seem longer than the front. Her eyes are a light light green. I thought they were blue previously but it's a green that's more blue than yellow, but a true green.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some points has greenish eyes they arent always clearly blue

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To me, this girl is a decent (possibly Charcoal) Seal Mink Bengal look alike. The "charcoal" factor is not something I am sure of because that picture of her face lacks light and contrast enough for a definitive guess. Seal Minks have aqua colour eyes because they have both Siamese and Burmese genes, appart from ALC and whatever tabby cat used to produce a bengal.
Some pictures of the profile of her head and a good picture of her face could be helpful to determine how recent her bengal heritage is. I would say not too far, she looks quite bengalish with those mixed spots and arrowhead rosettes.