Possibly pregnant rescue cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, I thought I would just let y’all know how her pregnancy is going, she is almost 6 weeks pregnant! Her belly is really starting to pop! Today I’m setting up nesting areas and I’m going to start feeding her in them. If I ever get annoying by posting on here please let me know!

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have a question.
She is 6 weeks, and I think I can feel movement when I place my hand on her stomach is it the babies or just her stomach doing something?

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How do you post a video on here?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! Are you feeding her a high quality kitten food to help prevent hypocalcemia? KMR could add extra nutrition as well - she is so young that her own body is still growing her own bown structure as well as her babies. I am so,so glad that she is safe inside woth you. :yess:

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! Are you feeding her a high quality kitten food to help prevent hypocalcemia? KMR could add extra nutrition as well - she is so young that her own body is still growing her own bown structure as well as her babies. I am so,so glad that she is safe inside woth you. :yess:
Hi thank you for all your advice it’s definitely appreciated! I have been feeding her kitten food and a little bit of cooked meet ( unseasoned of course ) she is really young and my heart breaks for her😞

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for her to sleep 24/7? Usually she sleeps all day and is awake during most the night, but now she sleeps during the day and all night😂 just making sure she ok lol.

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
March 18, 2021 I caught a little kick ( I think) on camera. I have seen quite a bit of movement today. This one was the smallest. I didn’t catch the the other big ones of camera though. The kick is at the very beginning.

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is 7 weeks today, her babies are moving a lot!
this is a picture of her belly today. They seem to be hanging out of one side lol.
A6F0D79D-893A-4DA5-833D-1AB24BA9F45D.jpeg
67470222-DA93-41C6-8B45-ED1947645A53.png

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I took her to the vet today to get her vaccinated and schedule a spay, and they said did you know that she is pregnant? I was super surprised because she was acting like she was in heat. She is 4 weeks pregnant😭

They can still go into heat even if she is pregnant. That is to ensure that the species will go on. She is half way there so I would not spay her.

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They can still go into heat even if she is pregnant. That is to ensure that the species will go on. She is half way there so I would not spay her.
She is actually now 7 weeks pregnant, I didn’t spay her. Her babies are moving a lot!

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
here is a video of her belly moving today! I can wait to meet these little babies!!!

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A pregnant cat's behavior is similar to hers when she's in heat. I wish I was here earlier to tell you that.
When should I start keeping her in a room? Right now she has the whole house.
I suggest letting her roam around the house so she can find a good place to have her kittens. Mothers are very picky about where they have and move their kittens so keep the doors closed to rooms that may not be safe for kittens. Keep us updated!

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi thank you for all your advice it’s definitely appreciated! I have been feeding her kitten food and a little bit of cooked meet ( unseasoned of course ) she is really young and my heart breaks for her😞
I like Hill's Science diet for kittens. Is she being free-fed? How old is she?