Possible uti

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy Fudgey just started like last day or 2 not long ... frequently going to litter box and just peeing little bit...and sometimes more ...what can I do for him temporarily cause vet not in today
Help please

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Most importantly is to keep him hydrated to help flush out his bladder if it is an infection. Bone broth is sometimes a good enticer to get a cat to drink more. Marshmallow root or pure D-mannose are also used to help remove bacteria from the bladder, but chances are you don't have either readily available. Marshmallow root also acts as a diuretic to help flush out the bladder. I have also heard of giving a cat ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with something like bone broth and see if you can get him to drink it - or, better yet, add it to some canned food. The vinegar is acidic, so if Fudgey is having issues with too much acid in his urine causing the irritation, this might not be the best idea. More canned food and less dry is another way to keep him more hydrated.

Aside from a UTI, keep in mind if Fudgey were to have crystals in his urine, they can get caught in the urethra and cause a lot of issues, up to and including blockage if not taken care of quickly, so get him to the vet as soon as you can.