Possible Foster Fail

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve been fostering an 8 year old cat for a few weeks to help out our shelter in Florida. I am traveling at the end of this week and have to take him back (my commitment was two weeks). I am considering adopting him and adding him to my other three. They have seen each other through a gap in the door and have obviously heard and smelled each other. My question is - since he will be out of the house for at least a week, do I begin the entire intro period again if I decide to adopt him? This is Ash by the way.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
do I begin the entire intro period again if I decide to adopt him?
You might need to, but he might be just fine to the point that you wouldn't have to start from scratch. It will depend on how he reacts when he's back at your house :vibes::heartshape:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He looks like he wants to stay from that picture! I am guessing that you might be able to start from the peering through the door stage which is where they are now, so no time is really lost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thought I would follow up here. I just received word that he was adopted while I’m out of town. I hope the time he spent with me helped him become even more awesome.