Pork?

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you save the Rad Cat? This should be reported to the vet and in turn to local public health officials. They should test the cat & the food (Taste of the Wild as well). Could be another recall in the making, if this illness was caused by the pet food.

I don't believe Rad Cat has ever had a recall, but there's always a first time. On the other hand let's not jump to conclusions before proper testing is done. Did you just get a new bag of dry food?

And btw I have never seen "visible worms" in pork bought in the supermarket.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you’re seeing visible worms in pork, I’d probably let the supermarket know because that’s by no means normal. :lol: Gizmo loves pork, it’s probably been his favorite grind that I’ve done for him. I buy pork tenderloin because he’s spoiled and he does very well on it.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it’s strange to see visible worms in food and I would never feed anything with worms in it. Radcat has has one recall before and I think your best option is to contact them and send a sample for testing.

KundaliniYogi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow - thank you Sophie1, Gizmobius & Neo_23... True confessions time: I was raised vegetarian, and have only tasted some meat a few times (like sushi - delicious!), so i really know embarrassingly little about meat. I took my experience to be typical if not universal. I didn't save that pork, but i can buy more - it's the most popular flavor at my lps... So this should definitely be addressed. Thank you all so much - i'm sure the initial reaction was, "what is this guy, some kind of meat-ignoramus?" Thanks, all of you for your mercy, & not flaming me to a carbonized cinder...

KundaliniYogi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow - thank you Sophie1, Gizmobius & Neo_23... True confessions time: I was raised vegetarian, and have only tasted some meat a few times (like sushi - delicious!), so i really know embarrassingly little about meat. I took my experience to be typical if not universal. I didn't save that pork, but i can buy more - it's the most popular flavor at my lps... So this should definitely be addressed. Thank you all so much - i'm sure the initial reaction was, "what is this guy, some kind of meat-ignoramus?" Thanks, all of you for your mercy, & not flaming me to a carbonized cinder...
Edit: I Will try to follow up with the outcome...

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was actually really confused by your post because I don't eat pork and I started thinking to myself "wait, pork has worms in it??" :confused: :eek2: :doh: haha. I'm glad we could clear up the confusion. I hope your kitty is doing better and you can get to the bottom of what happened with that bad batch of Rad Cat.