Poor Balding Boy

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are somewhat improved, or at least on the right track now. Poor Loki, though. Allergic to humans!!! :eek2: Not something that you can simply remove from his life. :sigh: Fingers crossed things continue to improve, and that Loki can finally be healthy. :redheartpump: Continue to update us, when you can.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you did a wonderful job with this update, and thank you! Also, thank you for hanging in there with him, and for figuring things out!! :rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
RoMay RoMay . Out of curiosity, how does the vet know he is allergic to humans. What tests were done?
It's a 200 dollar blood test which measures the IgE antibodies in the blood The higher the IgE the more likely the allergy. Doing it this way means not having to shave kitty. Kitty already has his anxiety never mind if we were to take his fur coat off. Also you don't have to stop any medications before a test. I am not exacty to certain how it works but that is the best explanation I know.

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So update: Vet called we can't put him on special food because there is one more roommate who won't go along and keep bad food away from Loki. So we'll stick with the probiotic and the spoonful of yogurt for now til that roommate moves out in theory by the end of the year. So we are getting estimates on shots VS pills. The shots we'd have to do at home, Loki's other mom said if we go that route she could do it. I couldn't because I'm squeamish. Pill would have to be given two times a day.

Really wish this didn't have to always go down to cost. Seriously if we found this vet strait from the start we would have had so much more money to use on Loki right now.

This is a face of a cat first few days on Prozac
20190820_081750.jpg

20190829_163041.jpg

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you able to utilize financial aid?

Just in case;
Try something here (apologies for any dead links);
Financial Assistance – Day By Day Caregiver Support Inc.

Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life
Me and Loki's other mom that regardless pills or otherwise it's going to cost 260 for about 3 months. The shots will last longer then the pills but right now we don't know. Seriously I hate to admit it but I am pretty much at a breaking point financially. Can't they have little kitty bubbles like hamster balls kitties allergic to humans can live in??