Please tell me it gets better

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi kitkat008,
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better, even if just a little. It will take time, maybe lots of time.
Yes, a new kitty can help with the grief. A new kitty will need us just like our previous kitty did. We will love our new kitty and care for her or him. It helps so much when we see that kitty growing and being healthy. We will never forget our previous kitty nor would we ever want to.
We do have enough love in our hearts though to love another kitty while still loving our previous one.
I have since adopted two kitties, Shadow and Mittens, since losing my precious Mickey. They needed a home and love and I needed a kitty to love.
I will never ever stop loving and missing my Mickey, but my heart is big enough to love another kitty. I only my Mickey would approve.
Please take care!
You are in my thoughts!

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, may we see a picture of your new kitty?
Also, what is her name? What is the name of your previous kitty? She was a beauty.I love orange kitties!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have been through losses with my kitty family.  I have always adopted a new kitty into my family as a way to honor the memory of my fur baby that left us too soon.  I think of it as honoring their life by giving another kitty a loving home.  Your new fur baby will never replace the one you lost but it is a great way to honor their life and the memories you made together.  I really believe that the cats I have now were presents from my cats who are now resting peacefully on the other side.