Please send vibes for Mosi (and warning about da bird)

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad Mosi is out of surgery.
Lots of vibes for a speedy recovery, and more vibes for you that you find the missing string.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is kinda gross, but some of the string may have been balled up in some poo and you didn't see it (I have had a sort of similar experience).

I am glad his operation went well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

This is kinda gross, but some of the string may have been balled up in some poo and you didn't see it (I have had a sort of similar experience).
That's what I was thinking but there was no poo in the litter tray this morning and it was about 9.30pm last night when he swallowed it. I can't remember what time I cleaned out the litter tray last night but even if it was after that, it wouldn't pass through him that quickly. It will probably remain a mystery but I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk when he comes home to make sure he doesn't find it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad that Mosi's surgery went well and he'll be home soon. Sending lots of for a quick uneventful recovery, and
for meowmy.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news about Mosi
!!

Don't you look in those innocent little eyes and just wonder what goes on in that little head sometimes?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a scary thing to have gone through. Sending many vibes to you and to Mosi. Im glad hes going to be ok.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby!!!
I will keep him in my prayers that he gets better soon!!!!!

My girls have a da bird- but they are only allowed to play with it/have it supervised. When we are done playing with it- it goes straight back into the little toy storage bin in the garage where they have no access to it.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck, what a scary time for you all
glad to hear he went through the surgery OK and you can have him home

Lots of careful tummy tickles
for you sweet boy

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Mosi, what a thing to have to go through! Our Sassy is a string and ribbon and rubberband swallower, and we have to be so very careful -- yet she's still managed to get hold of some small things now and then, heaven knows where. We find them when they reappear from one end or the other.

And every time we get a new string toy, Clydie chews through the string within minutes. Doesn't eat it -- just chews through and walks away!

So I've started replacing the strings with very heavy round elastic cord from the fabric store, and he hasn't chewed through that yet -- I think it sort of slides out from under his teeth when he tries.

And I think the cord is so thick that even if he did swallow some of it, at least it would not be fine enough to cut him inside, y'know? A blockage, maybe, but not cuts. Maybe that would be a good idea for some of our string-swallowers...

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear he is OK, hope he has an uneventful recovery

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank goodness Mosi's okay!
for his recovery!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little boy's home now
Looking a bit sorry for himself with his shaved tummy (all that lovely long tummy fur gone
). He's been into his litter tray and done a nice poo for me. He's a bit quiet but otherwise seems fine. I'll be keeping a very close eye on him over the weekend. He has to go back on Monday for a check up.

Jaffa is being cautious about approaching Mosi (they're in separate rooms at the moment through choice) but I've done the vanilla trick and Jaffa did approach Mosi once and just give him a gentle nudge on the paw with no hissing so that's good.

Most of Mosi's toys of the da bird type have a thicker string so it's not easy for him to chew through it. Da bird will certainly be banished to the cupboard the second play is finished from now on.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poor little lad was obviously sore last night but he's looking much more comfortable today. He can get onto the sofa and the bed, although I think it hurts him a little. He's curled up asleep at the moment and looks more comfortable than he did last night when he seemed to struggle to find a comfortable position. He's even had a little play in a cardboard box this morning! He's also eating finally - he wouldn't eat last night but finally managed a piece of chicken before bed and has eaten some Applaws chicken flake this morning.

Jaffa is still growling and hissing at him though. Poor Mosi doesn't understand why and just sits there looking a bit bewildered.

I finally poured myself a much needed glass of wine about 8.30pm last night and Jaffa promptly knocked it over
Rather summmed up my day.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and Mosi are in my prayers. I hope Mosi makes a complete and comfortable recovery from his surgery. My Maggie (who chews everything) ate a piece of 1/8 inch wide ribbon...about a 2 1/2 foot long piece. It was on the laser pointer, so I could hang it around my neck and not lose it. I took her to the emergency vet and they x-rayed her. I watched her and the litter pan for weeks, but nothing ever appeared out either end, and she never showed any ill effects from it. I'm guessing that because it was such a thin piece of cotton, it was digested. I guess I'll never really know, but I certainly can understand how worried you are! Hugs & purrs to Mosi, and also to Jaffa and you!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh Mosi, what a bad little kitten you are! You should know better than to eat things like that.

I hope the little sweetheart is doing well today, and that he learned his lesson to never, ever eat something like that again.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending get well soon vibes Luxor eats through anything in the blink of an eye, so I know how quickly this can happen.