Please pray for Queen Eva

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your feelings are only natural - and understandable - but she's a brave little girl who obviously has a fighting heart - and she's going to be very happy once she's home.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Queen Eva can still come home tomorrow!!!

Genever loves everyone, I really think if we were the kind of horrible people who dump their cats, and we gave her to someone else, or back to the shelter, she would just love whoever else was there.
I mean, I know she loves us, she is the sweetest girl, but she loves everyone else too, and is so adaptable. When BF and I go to England and Genever stays at her Uncle Scott's for a week or so, she gets out of the carrier there and immediately acts like she owns the place and jumps on Scott's lap. And I go to pick her up when I get back, and she's like "Oh, hey mom, yeah I'm having fun here, you don't have to take me home." But I do take her home, obviously, and she snuggles me and loves me again when we get home.

Some cats are just social butterflies I guess. Queen Eva still loves you, and she'll show it once she's back home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Queen Eva is coming home tomorrow!

Thanks for your reassurances and support everyone, I was just having a low day yesterday.

I really am glad she has bonded with the vet and techs. It means she is being well taken care of, and that she is happy and comfortable in her current environment, and is adaptable, besides.

And (warning: bragging ahead) I have to take the credit for that!

When I first rescued her she would open her mouth and scream at deafening decibels for any sort of messing about. No one could touch her without the famous Queen Eva Scream, and lots of scratching and biting.

It was one of the reasons I felt so desperate to get her out of where she was. She'd already been labeled as "that mean cat".

Cats with high strung/sensitive temperaments like hers, unless they are lucky enough to end up with someone willing to take the time to understand them, and work with them, those are the cats who do end up mean, since they are not understood, of course they turn mean, and no one likes them, and often they get thrown out on the street, or abused.

I thank God and Ootay
every day that she was put in my path. It makes me sick to think what would have happened to her, if she had stayed where she was. And if they had "gotten rid of her" before I could have rescued her, I would have spent the rest of my life mourning and worrying about her, that is how deeply we, Queen Eva and I, bonded upon first meeting.

But, she's coming home tomorrow!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news!!

You all will be so happy to have her back home, I know.
I hope she continues to heal up and feel better!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goody, goody, goody, goody!!!

Does she need any kind of a special diet? When Elsa came home after a surgery, I had to feed her a liquid diet every 2 hours. Crazy, but totally worth it!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!!!!!! yey!!!! Thats AWESOMEEEEE WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet mommy can't wait.... this little girl will be soooo loved and soooo spoiled come tomorrow!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yay! I know she will be glad to be back home in her castle, where she will be treated like the Queen that she is

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Goody, goody, goody, goody!!!

Does she need any kind of a special diet? When Elsa came home after a surgery, I had to feed her a liquid diet every 2 hours. Crazy, but totally worth it!
No special diet, thank goodness for small favors. She's been eating her own food since Tuesday, I brought it in for her.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

So glad that Queen Eva will be coming home! I thought this looked like her.
Awww..it really does! Thank you!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God really did save the Queen!!

So happy your gal is coming home! It will make vet trips easier too now, because you know she likes everyone there.

Give her all the lovin you can.....like I had to tell you that !!!

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Woohoo! I am so pleased to hear she will be coming home today!

Even though she bonded with the people who work at the vets I know she will be so happy to be back at home with you, Tolly, Mazy and Jennie.
Continued vibes for a speedy recovery and I hope she's back to her normal, mischevious self soon!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh how did I miss this post? I am so sorry that Queen Evas spay didn't go to plan but glad she's on the mend now.xx