Please pray for Queen Eva

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand the vet's not committing to anything - but to be able to see she's able to get up on her own - and to see her making biscuits - must have felt SO GOOD!

Continued that Queen Eva's out of the woods, and will be home tomorrow to complete her full recovery!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How scary.
I hope you get a wonderful update this morning and she is back to herself and back with you real soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just spoke to the vet. Queen Eva is doing well, her PCV is holding around the 33-34% mark, but vet is not comfortable with sending her home yet. If all continues to go well, Friday has been determined as her discharge day.

I admit I blubbered up a bit at that, but honestly Friday is the best day, for me, too, as I have it off and can be home with her all day. Today and tomorrow are very busy long days for me and I am in and out for only short periods and out rather late at night.

But anyway, vet wants to keep an eye on her for a couple more days. I'll be visiting her again today and bringing in more of her own food.

WE MISS HER.

My thanks to all of you for your continued support.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your sweet girl misses you too.

Keep healing so that you can go home Queen Eva.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry she's having to stay at the vet's, but at least the vet is watching her and making sure she's fully recovering before sending her home. It would be much more stressful to bring her home and then have to take her back if she went downhill for some reason. She's where she can get around the clock care.

Doesn't make it any easier, but you'll have her back soon! Keep fighting little Queen Eva!! You can do it!

Continuing to pray for her speedy recovery!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

I'm sorry she's having to stay at the vet's, but at least the vet is watching her and making sure she's fully recovering before sending her home. It would be much more stressful to bring her home and then have to take her back if she went downhill for some reason. She's where she can get around the clock care.

Doesn't make it any easier, but you'll have her back soon! Keep fighting little Queen Eva!! You can do it!

Yes, I agree. BTW, how's Tolly holding up?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

Yes, I agree. BTW, how's Tolly holding up?
to all the above. How is Tolly holding up?

I know it's disappointing - but it does work out for the best with your schedule!

Continued !!!!!! and

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone. I visited Queen Eva again today. She's gotten bigger, she's growing without her mama

She's all bonded to my vet and the tech, as they see her all day long, and it seems to take her a few minutes to remember who I am, and as soon as the vet walks back into the room Queen Eva abandons me for the vet, it makes me so sad!

Now..I am happy for her that she is that adaptable, because it is less stress for her, if she can be happy with those who are taking care of her. But I can be honest here...and it makes my heart hurt. When I left, I got into my car and sat there and cried for ten minutes over it.

My vet is still hesitating even over letting her go home on Friday. I want her home, I want her home! I trust my vet's judgment of course and if on Friday vet decides Queen Eva must stay longer, then stay she will. But I miss her terribly.

I've got her Castle all ready for her, she will be fully contained, no running or jumping allowed.....I think I'll take pictures of the set up. Maybe then my vet won't be so hesitant to send her home.

I miss her so much. wah wah wah!

It's so silly. You'd think I'd be GLAD she's adapted so well and is comfortable there, bonded to the people caring for her. I AM glad, for her. I am. But it hurts my heart. Saying that here doesn't take anything away from her, so I feel safe saying it here.

<edit> oh, thanks for asking about Tolly. He's doing okay. He spent that first day in his safe/sick/sad Spot under the bed, but since then he's not really looking for her or grieving. Mazy, who was calling for her the first day has adjusted too. Jennie never seems to care one way or another.

I've got the feliway going, and I tell them all about my visits with her.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try not to have your feelings hurt, (as if you can help it!). Who knows what is in a kitty's mind. She's been through alot, and they are the ones who are there 24/7 for her right now, but as soon as she gets home, she will be in love with you all over again.

My concern is how the others will accept her with her being gone so long. You may have to go through a short integration period all over again! 'Course, since she will be in her "castle", that will sort of be the same thing, won't it.

Hang in there

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor you! I'd cry, too.

Maybe she is just showing you a brave face, so you won't worry so much. See, Mom, I'm doing OK here!

Really, as soon as she's home she'll be so happy. Living in a cage at the vet's and not feeling well - she' really not happy. She's just trying to butter up those people so maybe they'll let her go home with you and see her peeps.

Glad she is on the mend. Friday seems a long time to wait. But you do want her to stay home once you get her there, so it's worth waiting.

Robin

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw hon, that would hurt me too, but I would try to focus on knowing she's at least comfortable enough to be adapted to them and not terrified out of her mind.

Hoping thigns continue to go well! Big hugs and love, thoughts and prayers from us!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry too much - she is out of her safe place and recognises the people whom she knows represent safety in this new place. She will quickly adapt when she gets home. So glad she is improving and the vet sounds as if he will take no chances with her, which is good.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

Try not to have your feelings hurt, (as if you can help it!). Who knows what is in a kitty's mind. She's been through alot, and they are the ones who are there 24/7 for her right now, but as soon as she gets home, she will be in love with you all over again.

My concern is how the others will accept her with her being gone so long. You may have to go through a short integration period all over again! 'Course, since she will be in her "castle", that will sort of be the same thing, won't it.

Hang in there
Intellectually I know this. Seeing how comfortable and bonded she is with the vet and techs assures me that she is being well taken care of. I don't want her to be sad and missing me (But it hurts, especially to see how she's grown, all the same.
)

I don't think there will be too much trouble, though they do seem to have forgotten all about Queen Eva already, fickle things!
. After all they accepted her with no trouble when she first came home. Of course this time she'll reek of vet, but...these cats are at the vet so often, the smell doesn't upset them as much as it does some cats.

And like you say, she'll be in her Castle for I don't yet know how long.

Thank you all of you for your continued support. I've had cats in the hospital before, but never for this long.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rational or not, I understand your feelings...
after, she is your baby.
You will be back in Queen Eva's heart as soon as she returns home.

For now, the vet's people are her life line and she is hanging on tight.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah - intellect and feelings aren't always in synch! Feelings aren't rational.

Kitties can be so very traitorous, and it hurts!

I really like Robin's take on it.

Originally Posted by bastetservant

Oh, poor you! I'd cry, too.

Maybe she is just showing you a brave face, so you won't worry so much. See, Mom, I'm doing OK here!

Really, as soon as she's home she'll be so happy. Living in a cage at the vet's and not feeling well - she' really not happy. She's just trying to butter up those people so maybe they'll let her go home with you and see her peeps.

Glad she is on the mend. Friday seems a long time to wait. But you do want her to stay home once you get her there, so it's worth waiting.

Robin
I REALLY hope the vet lets her come home tomorrow! She sounds so perky - and she'll be contained - and SHE NEEDS HER MOMMY!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that would bother me, too (and my Raven would act exactly like that). Still, I'm glad to hear that she's getting better. I really hope she gets to go home tomorrow.