Please Meet My 3 Girls Hopefully Starting To Trust Me

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to post on here as maybe you can give a bit of advice. Shaman (the calico) came into my life last June/July when I fell and fractured my humerus. She then started hanging around on my "sad" days and finally just stayed in the yard. We have a 1/4 backyard with lots of bushes, (a mini forest if that's what you want to call it) and trees. Anyway everytime I would just think of Shaman she'd appear out of nowhere so I rightly named her Shaman as she reminded me of one. She then was accompanied by a Black Persian who I call Shadow. And finally a ginger tabby that I call Treasure. Treasure and Shaman are like best of friends and always together. Shadow is like the tolerated 3rd wheel. Shaman of course is the bravest of them all and curious. I've talked to her through the Echo Dot and she was inspecting that, I had a webcam on my Chromebook of a bald eagle nest and she was totally intrigued by that as well. I bought toys and although she shows no interest in playing with them, she is curious what they are. Shadow approaches somewhat but cautiously. And Treasure will approach if I'm already outside and sitting stiff like a statue. I set up a private Periscope so I can observe them during the daytime. Anyway today was a major breakthrough with Shadow. Here's some progress. I was outside just a moment ago, breaking up and bagging limbs and twigs. 3 feet away from me I had their bowl of food. Shadow came up and ate from the bowl while I was there only a few feet away breaking limbs. Cautiously she ate and I made sure to not make sudden moves, I talked to her soothingly while I broke up the limbs and watched her from the corner of my eye. Once she finished eating though she took off like she always does. Shadow is also the one that will eat anything I put out. Shaman seems to be a bit picky unless I'm not looking. lol And Treasure will eat as well but she needs to have Shaman with her an won't venture here alone.

Is there a way that I can set up a box for them to play in or rest? I"m not overly crafty but I'll give it my best shot. And here are photos of the three of them. And the last one is a cute one of Shadow and Shaman a couple of months ago
Treasure relaxing.png
Shadow attempts mind control.jpg
Shadow and Shaman.jpg
Shaman poses.jpg

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for caring for them. One thing I didn't see you mention was if these cats are spayed/neutered? If not you are going to have lots and lots and lots of cats quite soon. There is a saying " If you feed, they breed". It would be wise to do TNR (Trap Neuter and Return) for these 3 cats. Even if they are males and not able to get pregnant, they are still contributing to these huge problem of unwanted cats/kittens.

Shelters made from rubbermaid boxes are pretty easy to make. If you do a google search on feral cat shelters you will see all kinds. I started with simple rubbermaid containers and each year, I did something different.