Please Indulge Me

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with you about cricket being boring, I could never understand the game despite going (reluctantly) to see 2 matches although the picnics were good. Having said that its good to have a moment like that.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last year my wife and I were on the island of St. Kitts visiting our daughter who was attending vet school. While we were there, a Caribbean cricket tournament was underway, and the matches were being televised live. I got hooked watching them and was able to pick up on some of the rules. It turned out that one of the owners of the St. Kitts team was staying at our hotel. I had a chance to talk to him and learned a lot more about cricket. One day were doing shopping at the touristy retailers. I got to talking to one of salesman at a store who was a real cricket fan. He gave me a an education in cricket especially about the different types of cricket.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year my wife and I were on the island of St. Kitts visiting our daughter who was attending vet school. While we were there, a Caribbean cricket tournament was underway, and the matches were being televised live. I got hooked watching them and was able to pick up on some of the rules. It turned out that one of the owners of the St. Kitts team was staying at our hotel. I had a chance to talk to him and learned a lot more about cricket. One day were doing shopping at the touristy retailers. I got to talking to one of salesman at a store who was a real cricket fan. He gave me a an education in cricket especially about the different types of cricket.
It's kind of like baseball?