Please help with big decision

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of course, you are right. I see something and I want to "fix" it right away. As this is not an emergency, I think I will just order this through Chewey and start the treatment when the meds arrive next year! Thank You!

Greg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, you are right. I see something and I want to "fix" it right away. As this is not an emergency, I think I will just order this through Chewey and start the treatment when the meds arrive next year! Thank You!

Greg
When I saw " next year" ,Greg I was all ready to say " No no,worms really cannot wait"
,----- :flail: Ya got me good-Happy New Year❤👍

Yeah,$20 bucks oughta do the trick,for now🤗

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Worms are extremly common in cats that hunt (they come from rodents or contaminated soil) so much that many vets will deworm cats on their first visit wheather they need it or not. Yeah its gross but not as gross as botflies at least. Don't google botflies unless you want nightmares, basicly real live xenomorphs.

Kabuto had botflies in his neck when I adopted him that the spca completly missed.

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Worms are extremly common in cats that hunt (they come from rodents or contaminated soil) so much that many vets will deworm cats on their first visit wheather they need it or not. Yeah its gross but not as gross as botflies at least. Don't google botflies unless you want nightmares, basicly real live xenomorphs.

Kabuto had botflies in his neck when I adopted him that the spca completly missed.
WOW. Can't believe they missed that!! No botflies search for me today :running:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a partial bag of Royal Canine dry hydrolized protein
Please do not feed your cat with dog food. Dog food is formulated differently from cat food and cats don't benefit from it and may be detrimental to their health.
Sorry,...that was a typo. It is Royal Canin. I mean ..really?
I'm a bit late here, but wanted to mention that tabbytom --#1 has very sharp eyes (I blew right by that and missed it) and --#2 needed to clarify about cat food vs dog food, for cats. We have a lot of readers and lurkers and not everyone knows that there is a difference :).

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit late here, but wanted to mention that tabbytom --#1 has very sharp eyes (I blew right by that and missed it) and --#2 needed to clarify about cat food vs dog food, for cats. We have a lot of readers and lurkers and not everyone knows that there is a difference :).
It went right past me as well - tabbytom tabbytom does not miss a trick!

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy new year and thank you for the videos! Dinah is so pretty and has such interesting markings. She seems happy and very comfortable lounging around and playing. What a sweet cat and so lucky to have a safe, loving home!

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Happy new year and thank you for the videos! Dinah is so pretty and has such interesting markings. She seems happy and very comfortable lounging around and playing. What a sweet cat and so lucky to have a safe, loving home!
Thank you for chiming in and for your kind words. Yes, the first time I saw her I said to myself "what a different and interesting looking Cat!"

Little did I know the journey we would be taking !

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Happy New Year to my new found friends and helpers here on the Cat Site!

Things are slow and steady here in Dinah land. I added a few more videos if you want to look at them HERE

Happy New Year !
d780d7e34800d94df1d6bfc41d331465.jpg

Looks like Dinah's confidence is up to a new level! Both of you are doing a good job! Keep up!

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Dinah is doing well. She seems to really like her "room" and has not roamed out from it the last 2 days or nights. I have been playing some music after her dinner and she likes the softer stuff like Steely Dan, (Peg, Josie, Deacon Blues) and No Doubt with Gwen Stefani, and The Police...their softer stuff. Who knew???

Funny how some Cats like different music and some Cats do not like music? They are mysterious creatures for sure!

I have been going in her room to remove her empty food dish and to replace her water when she is on top of the bed (not under the bed where she spends most of the day), without announcing my entrance like I was. I think this is forcing our "meetings" and she is tolerating them better. This is boosting her confidence. At least I think it is. Cleaning her litter box is an every morning event and sometimes 2X a day as well. I think I am close to half and half with the litter and dirt mix.

I will keep you posted on her (our) progress, but it seems we may be close to a stalemate now. Patience is a virtue!

Greg

P.S. I got her de-wormer today from Chewey.com, so I will start that med tomorrow. It is a 14 day, 3X a day liquid dosage. Will try it in her food first and see how that goes :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have been going in her room to remove her empty food dish and to replace her water when she is on top of the bed (not under the bed where she spends most of the day), without announcing my entrance like I was. I think this is forcing our "meetings" and she is tolerating them better. This is boosting her confidence. At least I think it is. Cleaning her litter box is an every morning event and sometimes 2X a day as well. I think I am close to half and half with the litter and dirt mix.
That's great and she's adjusting well. You are on the right track. Keep it up.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Dinah is doing well. She seems to really like her "room" and has not roamed out from it the last 2 days or nights. I have been playing some music after her dinner and she likes the softer stuff like Steely Dan, (Peg, Josie, Deacon Blues) and No Doubt with Gwen Stefani, and The Police...their softer stuff. Who knew???

Funny how some Cats like different music and some Cats do not like music? They are mysterious creatures for sure!

I will keep you posted on her (our) progress, but it seems we may be close to a stalemate now. Patience is a virtue!

Greg

P.S. I got her de-wormer today from Chewey.com, so I will start that med tomorrow. It is a 14 day, 3X a day liquid dosage. Will try it in her food first and see how that goes :)
Sounds great Greg- so when you're onto full litter and it seems she is proving to be dependable then you might consider getting another box with full litter and some Ultra sprinkled on top for the next area of the house she'll be ready to explore when you start leaving her door open
( in her own time of course)

It's good to plan and prepare for " next" steps ahead of time.... as you see she's getting comfortable,establishing her room as her territory- you can sit on the floor,talk to her ,read a little or talk outoud softly on your laptop or phone so she gets used to your presence now.....

Do you work from home Cat Daddy? Lol

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds great Greg- so when you're onto full litter and it seems she is proving to be dependable then you might consider getting another box with full litter and some Ultra sprinkled on top for the next area of the house she'll be ready to explore when you start leaving her door open
( in her own time of course)

It's good to plan and prepare for " next" steps ahead of time.... as you see she's getting comfortable,establishing her room as her territory- you can sit on the floor,talk to her ,read a little or talk outoud softly on your laptop or phone so she gets used to your presence now.....

Do you work from home Cat Daddy? Lol
Yes, another litter box is the plan. I have one ready and waiting. Should be about 2 weeks before her current box will be all litter. That will be a good day as I am sweeping up dirt a few times a day in her room. But I do not mind at all really :)

So, I leave her door ajar most of the time. But she has not roamed except for those couple of nights. As you said, I think she is establishing "her room" and that is a good thing. If I close the door or leave it almost closed, she seems more at ease and tends to sleep on top of the bed. But at night, when I am sleeping, she stays on the bed or roams her room and jumps up on the box and landing to look out the window. She is a very smart little girl let me tell you!

I talk to her during the day and evening and sometimes sit or lay on the floor while doing so. I will roll some little balls or marbles outside her bed and when I leave the room, she usually comes out from under the bed and swats them around, or drags a shaker toy under the bed with her. It is ridiculously cute! Especially when I give her Catnip but, not everyday!

I just put in the first 5 drops of wormer in her food. She ate all of it. That's a great start too. Thanks again for the recommendation. I hope it takes care of that problem. Oh,...I am retired LOL. I could not be doing this if I was still working,..that is for sure.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, another litter box is the plan. I have one ready and waiting. Should be about 2 weeks before her current box will be all litter. That will be a good day as I am sweeping up dirt a few times a day in her room. But I do not mind at all really :)

So, I leave her door ajar most of the time. But she has not roamed except for those couple of nights. As you said, I think she is establishing "her room" and that is a good thing. If I close the door or leave it almost closed, she seems more at ease and tends to sleep on top of the bed. But at night, when I am sleeping, she stays on the bed or roams her room and jumps up on the box and landing to look out the window. She is a very smart little girl let me tell you!

I talk to her during the day and evening and sometimes sit or lay on the floor while doing so. I will roll some little balls or marbles outside her bed and when I leave the room, she usually comes out from under the bed and swats them around, or drags a shaker toy under the bed with her. It is ridiculously cute! Especially when I give her Catnip but, not everyday!

I just put in the first 5 drops of wormer in her food. She ate all of it. That's a great start too. Thanks again for the recommendation. I hope it takes care of that problem. Oh,...I am retired LOL. I could not be doing this if I was still working,..that is for sure.
Wonderful,just wonderful..... she's really coming along very nicely and you are really doing beautifully with her...all great progress

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update and some more videos. Last night she did not roam at all again. I even put out some treats she likes just outside her bedroom door but to no avail. No problem. I am patient :)

I fully changed out the litter box today and we are now 1/2 and 1/2 potting soil and litter. She is also eating her food with the de-wormer in it like it's not even there!

On impulse, I bought a toy,...a Faux Grass topped box with rattle balls inside it. She was playing with a marble when she realized the new "item" in her room. I loved this video here: New Grass Box. The first one is when she first realized it was there!

I also picked up this Catnip toy that my girl Pepper used to love. It is called "Hooked on Catnip" and made in Maine USA. I thought she was going to rip it to shreds!!! There are a couple of videos of her also with that new toy. I hope you enjoy watching them as much as I did!

Greg