Please help with big decision

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So, she did great today! No vomiting after a total of 1 can spread out over 3x today. Changed out the litter box and gave her another toy.

And the best thing was just a while ago as she was lounging in her bed, I opened the door, peeked in to say hello, and she did not run under the bed. Simply awesome!

Thank you again to everybody. I will keep posting updates!

Greg
:cheerleader: :hyper: :heartshape:
Fantastic update!!!!! Yay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GM guys and thank you for keeping up with Dinah's progress! One more thing to add to last nights post. After she ate, I cracked the door to her room open as she was sitting inside the door and looking at it and listening. Well she sat in the doorway for a while then roamed down the hall, into the bathroom then back to the doorway!!! Then peeked into the kitchen and living rooms before going back to her bedroom!!!

This is real progress and I really thank you guys for this. I think that she is progressing this quickly mostly because she is so young (maybe 1 year old?) and from your guidance. I will open the door again today if I feel she is again ready to venture out again. :yess:

Greg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
GM guys and thank you for keeping up with Dinah's progress! One more thing to add to last nights post. After she ate, I cracked the door to her room open as she was sitting inside the door and looking at it and listening. Well she sat in the doorway for a while then roamed down the hall, into the bathroom then back to the doorway!!! Then peeked into the kitchen and living rooms before going back to her bedroom!!!

This is real progress and I really thank you guys for this. I think that she is progressing this quickly mostly because she is so young (maybe 1 year old?) and from your guidance. I will open the door again today if I feel she is again ready to venture out again. :yess:

Greg
5c690171512d2fe4c8e4e634e3438eb9.gif

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update guys. Not much to report. There was a bi-weekly house cleaning person here yesterday and it was noisy for a while. Dinah spent most of the day under the bed. Appetite is still good and I got the Cats Pride litter mix started. The washing machine is in the kitchen near her bedroom, and a load of laundry spooked her a bit again today.

I had a small Amazon box on top of the bed in her room which she has been avoiding. I decided to remove it and almost immediately she laid in the other "cat bed" next to where that box was on the big bed. So, she might like boxes so much. We will see. I will open the door again tonight to see if she wants to roam. I left it slightly ajar last night but she did not go near it. But she slept well in her new found cat bed on the big bed :)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update guys. Not much to report. There was a bi-weekly house cleaning person here yesterday and it was noisy for a while. Dinah spent most of the day under the bed. Appetite is still good and I got the Cats Pride litter mix started. The washing machine is in the kitchen near her bedroom, and a load of laundry spooked her a bit again today.

I had a small Amazon box on top of the bed in her room which she has been avoiding. I decided to remove it and almost immediately she laid in the other "cat bed" next to where that box was on the big bed. So, she might like boxes so much. We will see. I will open the door again tonight to see if she wants to roam. I left it slightly ajar last night but she did not go near it. But she slept well in her new found cat bed on the big bed :)
Fantastic update!!!!The first time I watched Timmy dare to step on a cat bed brought tears to my eyes- he looked like he found a Heavenly cloud

He was fearful of boxes or anything thst looked like it might trap him and no quick exit except for his cubby-now he tries everything out bit still loves soft beds best

Really,good progress👍

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok folks. Here is a quick video from about an hour ago. I always "warn" Dinah before entering her room by saying her name and knocking 2x lightly. Well you see in the video the "cat bed" on the right on the right side of the bed. That is the one she has been using. After I removed the box, she has only used the one she is in now in the video, on the left side. She would dart off of the bed from the cat bed on the right and scoot under the big bed.

This time I again gave warning but must have caught her off guard. I DID NOT make eye contact with her until I was back by the door to leave the room. I came in to turn on the light (it was dark out already) and to put an empty toilet paper roll on the bed for a toy.

Remember this is just a security cam video with the sound off. I just had to share as I hope this "contact" will go a long way to gaining confidence.

Here is the link: Dinah Video

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So the video showed the very first time Dinah did not run from me after 2 months of interaction. Let that be an example of what can be done with a feral Cat.

Remember, she has only been in my house since 12-21. Great progress!!

Greg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So the video showed the very first time Dinah did not run from me after 2 months of interaction. Let that be an example of what can be done with a feral Cat.

Remember, she has only been in my house since 12-21. Great progress!!

Greg
You are doing a good job!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok folks. Here is a quick video from about an hour ago. I always "warn" Dinah before entering her room by saying her name and knocking 2x lightly. Well you see in the video the "cat bed" on the right on the right side of the bed. That is the one she has been using. After I removed the box, she has only used the one she is in now in the video, on the left side. She would dart off of the bed from the cat bed on the right and scoot under the big bed.

This time I again gave warning but must have caught her off guard. I DID NOT make eye contact with her until I was back by the door to leave the room. I came in to turn on the light (it was dark out already) and to put an empty toilet paper roll on the bed for a toy.

Remember this is just a security cam video with the sound off. I just had to share as I hope this "contact" will go a long way to gaining confidence.

Here is the link: Dinah Video
Greg!!!! You are the Cat Daddy! I'm impressed and especially moved by your wonderful ways - that's " cat language" at its finest,non threatening, consistency and consideration ... Great Job- video proof of positive results

Next month you'll be posting a video petting this darling

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greg!!!! You are the Cat Daddy! I'm impressed and especially moved by your wonderful ways - that's " cat language" at its finest,non threatening, consistency and consideration ... Great Job- video proof of positive results

Next month you'll be posting a video petting this darling
Now that is high Purraise from you, Thank You so much! That means the world to me and keeps my confidence up :thanks:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that is high Purraise from you, Thank You so much! That means the world to me and keeps my confidence up :thanks:
Well thanks Greg-thats quite the compliment and it's really a pleasure (& a privilege) to come along on your journey with lil Dinah.....it's extremely gratifying to actually see someone in action who just soaks up all information and actually " does " the things we all talk about👍because you truly care...... love it

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been following your journey with Dinah behind the scenes and this is a wonderful video! She looks content and you are doing a marvelous job. Yet another kitty off the streets! :dancingblackcat:

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been following your journey with Dinah behind the scenes and this is a wonderful video! She looks content and you are doing a marvelous job. Yet another kitty off the streets! :dancingblackcat:
Thank you so much! It is so nice to hear from you folks and I am glad you took the time to watch the video. I have a bunch of short videos from the cameras in Dinah's room. I will link some more videos when time permits! Beautiful Cats you have too :)

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: I must say, things are progressing very well. Just to clarify,...the video showed Dinah tolerating me walking right past her on the bed. But about after 8 seconds of me leaving the room, she jumped off of the bed and hid under it again. A little "delayed reaction", perhaps :crackup:

Another milestone was reached last night as she finally roamed the whole house that I left her access to! Multiple times she left her room, to roam and explore. Very heart warming indeed.

Today, I am off to Tractor Supply to get a larger Cat bed and litter mat. But the most important thing will be wormer medicine. I found eggs and worms in the litter box...lots of them. So, I am looking for a broad spectrum solution as she may have different worms.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as to what to use. Obviously I cannot give the meds orally or topically, as I would have to use a liquid or crushed pill mixed in with her food. I have "googled" options and products for OTC wormers so I am familiar with some products and good/bad reviews. And I have used the pill form on prior kitty's of mine some years ago.

So, what sez you experts out there. Price is not a real concern so I have more options available to me right now.

Thanks again for your help!

Greg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I would highly recommend Credilio for a 30 day pill( can crush & dose food).... I recommend this broad spectrum drug becsusd it does protect & kill fleas,ticks and worms .....but a prescription is required and I'm not sure if you have a Vet

Dosage deternined by weight....you can purchase on Chewy.com & rcv within 3days( pay extra for overnight)

If you don't have a Vet you can try contacting one & explaining you have trapped " feral" thst you will be taking in for all medical needs ( tests,vaccinations etc) BUT for right now you need Credilio for worms & fleas and ask they approve the Chewy request if you put name on your Vet info form.... worst scenario is they say " no"

Let me know and we'll go OTC- for worms I suggest Drontal tablets

Dinah Doll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kwik! The Vet I would like to use here will not prescribe meds without seeing the animal. They won't even recommend an OTC med either. So as I figured, I need to go get an OTC. I have read good reviews about Elanco Drontal broad spectrum.

Here is the thing. Without a Rx, they only have the 50 tablet for $219 on Chewey.com. I do have an account with them. With a prescription you can get a 5 pill box for only $27.45. That is robbery IMHO.

BTW. The eggs I see in the litter box are yellow in color, round and are quite small. The largest not quite the size of a BB. But the broad spectrum is prolly the best way to go at this point.

Anyway, that is what I came up with so far. Maybe you have a better suggestion for me? Thank you again Kwik :rock:

Greg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just address one thing at a time Greg- after Dinah sees a Vet it will be a different story - for now there's worms,take care of the worms,lol

It's not easy with newly indoor kitties- let em settle in,you have no other cats to worry about so she'll be fine👍