Please Help!! Mom Cat Not Raising Kitten Sister Cat Fostering

Ashlyons

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone
I had a beautiful litter of kittens July.6th they were born very tiny around 50-60 grams and unfortunaly one passed away at 5 days I have been bottle feeding and they started soft food with great success. There mom daisy isn't really intersted to be with them never has that's why I had started bottle feeding.
On July 30th my other sweet girl Nala had 4 beautiful healthy babies they are all doing amazing kittens are gaining great.
Now comes the problem Nala has been trying to take Daisy kittens and raise them i would take them back to there nest but Nala would get very upset and search for the kittens.
Now the older ones almost 5 weeks can roam and go to Nalas nest to sleep I have tried to remove them but everyone gets upset. There is a 3 week age difference in the kittens and I'm afraid for the older ones to hurt the little ones.
Should I stop them from being in the nest and place them in another room? As i said there mom just isn't around she doesn't want anything to do with them but I do not want to endanger the little kittens .
Any help would be greatly appreciated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Such cooperation is common. If sis think she can manage so why not?
You will surely help too.
Weigh the newborn so you are sure they get enough.

If necessary you can always rotate them all.

And you can supplement feed.

Forget about the first biological momma. Spay her when you can.