Please Help Me Sleep :')

FlawlessImperfection

Life isn’t perfect, and it’s lovely that way. ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh even better! Also, guess who was too tired to cat fish last night? Gah! I’m even more tired after a night of a furry ping pong ball bouncing about my house while somehow bending gravity to her will, no four pound creature could make that much noise!:rolleyes3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smidgeyy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will try the toy you guys suggested, I'll also invest in some automatic toys.

Hi. Have you considered that you may have a sleep disorder? To be awakened by your Chinchilla sneezing sounds like you're not going beyond the first level of sleep. For this to happen regularly may be harmful for you. Please consider sharing what you said here with your family physician and also get his/her opinion of whether or not you should also get counseling for your sleeping. There could be things affecting you other than your kitty, at a subliminal level.

I would love to see a picture or two of this kitty? Did I overlook whether or not your cat's vet suggested meds to help your kitty sleep? I seem to recall a episode of Jackson Galaxy's show where a "wired for sound and space travel" kitty was given Melatonin to help him sleep.

Also, find yourself a backup place to sleep and switch up your sleep routine a little. And don't neglect regular exercise for yourself. Exercise brings all sorts of health benefits, and the bonus is, it will also help you sleep and better enable your body and mind to handle stress whether from your "space kitty" or other.

Changing your perspective on your "Space Cadet Kitty" may also help in little ways. This helps me deal with, accept and love my little "Space Cadet" when I give her nicknames or phrases and say them aloud to her as she go about her ways like "The Destroyer of Worlds" or "The Rocket." I then grab her up, lay her over my shoulders as if I to burp an infant, hug'n squeeze and bury my face into her side, then let her go to continue her rampage.

Take care of yourself first, so you're able to take care of those you love. Think out of the box. I recommend a doctor checkup for your sleeping, a sit down with a counselor (just one visit for starters - preferably one that has a cat or more) and lastly ask your vet about your cat from your health perspective. :)
I've honestly never considered that I may have some kind of sleeping disorder. Not sure why, it makes sense. My father was always a light sleeper so I assumed it was a hereditary thing. I'll definitely have to mention it. There are days where I'm able to get a good nap where I feel rested, but that's not something that happens often and I typically spend my days exhausted. On the rare day he actually sleeps, I'm awake simply because my body is conditioned to be awake. I've always been a light sleeper but it has gotten worse since I got him.

He's just being a crazy cat, that's all. I cannot fault him for being a playful nut, I don't really want to rely on drugging him up just to let me sleep. He sleeps better if I'm playing with him all day, but I just can't do that with work. Our clinic cat is funny otherwise I'd being him with me, but he also likes to eat things so he'll pick a needle off the floor and god knows what that will cost me Lol.

Crating him will work, I just don't want to have to do that.
Here is the offending creature:

Do you drink coffee? I switched to decaf tea and it really changed my life. I can sleep through the night now, and I don't usually hear my cat when he's playing.
I drink coffee in the mornings, that's it. Without my coffee in the morning, I'm left with a horrible headache that leaves me wanting nothing other than my bed. Meds have no effect, I suffer until I sleep it off... Which is a challenge on it's own Lol.