Please Help, Cat Is Baffling Every Vet

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just taking a flying leap here because I’m not a vet.

An ear infection could cause the Horners. And pain, nausea, vertigo. Horners takes a long time to resolve. A lot longer than a week. Even after the infection has cleared. A polyp, a tumor, a trauma, a lot of other things can cause Horners.

Hunched with nausea sounds like pancreatitis. Pancreatitis rarely happens spontaneously. Rather it’s carryover inflammation from elsewhere. This all could have started with IBD (or lymphoma) and it just got out of hand and carried over to pancreatitis and/or fatty liver depending on how long she hasn’t been eating right.

Can you feed her bone broth to soothe gut inflammation? It may also settle her stomach and stimulate her appetite. But she definitely needs proper nutrition (more than bone broth, KMR, or eggs) whether from eating on her own, force feeding, or a feeding tube.

I think it’s possible the endoscopy irritated her throat and she needs time to recover from that. But if she’s not getting nutrition, she may not have time or the building blocks for recovery.

Please read about the e-tube and consult with your vet again. The tube properly placed and used should bypass “something with her throat”. Get that clarified. That’s not a good enough reason to not perform a simple procedure that can buy you time and quite possibly save her life.

My Krista lost her voice. It came back as she started feeling better again. I think Cali’s voice should be the least of your concerns.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Unavailabill .

Given what she is able to eat and retain, there's something you need to add in asap.

Taurine is an essential amino acid required by cats, the absence of which can rapidly result in retinal degeneration and blindness. And, without it, a serious heart condition can develop. (If you need a reference: What is Taurine, and Why Do Cats Need It? | petMD)

It doesn't take long at all for these problems to take hold, so the sooner you act on this, the better.

Taurine is available in powder form (pure powder or capsule), is tasteless and easily mixed into any liquid/wet food. This brand is reliable and available from quality natural supplement stores and online : Taurine Pure Powder The powder and the 1000mg caps are the least expensive forms. It can not be overdosed as any excess is excreted. Given your account of her food intake, I'd be giving her ~500mg daily until she resumes a normal food intake.