Please help a new member with cat labor

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! I just received a PM from a new member DaniiTayler asking for some help with cat labor. Please give her a warm welcome and some great advice. Thanks!
Here is her PM:
Hi Shell
Could you possibly give me some help on what my little girl would be doing to give me some idea that she is ready to give birth.
She is due either this week end or next not 100% on which week but she is sleeping alot more than usual and following us around which she never reallt does unless dinner time approaches,She is cleaning her self alot more than she has been all around her back end and cleaning her teets more to in the last few days,is this a sign that she is getting very close to her delivery..PLEASE HELP

junebug6771

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I joined this site when my cat Patches was nearing her due date, and it was one of the best things I ever did. Everyone here is really great and helpful. My cat done the same thing you said your cat is doing for about a week before she delivered.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually the momcat will get anxious and start pacing, sometimes even meowing a lot. She usually goes off her feed for 24 hours before the first labor pain starts. It really depends on the cat.

You should have her in a room to herself with a nice big birthing box ready for the kittens. Pull out an old sock drawer if you don't have a cardboard box, you just want something where she can lay with her kittens and feel safe. It should be in a protected area away from the regular household traffic and noise.

daniitayler

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank u for the help to my question ive now cleared my draws and put my moses basket in the bottom ov the wardrobe for her as she cant make her mind up which one to go for.
Once again thank you all..