PiPi and other cats :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How'd everything go with PI ?
Don't laugh...the stool sample came back negative and there is a definite possibility that the worm he coughed up was a small earthworm that came onto the porch under the screen door seal which is loose. But just to "err on the side of caution" the vet put him on a 5 day regime of Panacur deworming meds. He seems perfectly fine.

But here's a question...as you know Pi is totally black. I have noticed that on the backsides of his hind legs between the knee and paw his fur is very thin. The left side more than the right. I can actually see his skin. It's not raw or bleeding, just peeking through the fur. Is it possible do you think that it's just worn off that area. It's the part of his leg that supports his weight when he sits. My porch floor is flagstone with an area rug that is indoor/outdoor but jute-like in texture and appearance. He has been on the porch all spring and summer.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's great if the worm came from outside, rather than "inside". 

Speaking of outside, has Pi tried to get out since?

And about the thin fur behind his knee and paw, maybe try posting in the Care & Grooming section, as more people may see it there - http://www.thecatsite.com/f/6/care-grooming

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rubysmama Pi has not made any aggressive effort to get outside again. I used clear Gorilla tape to patch the screen. Since it is Fall here now we won't be using the porch much longer this year so I want to save my money and put the repair into next year's budget. The tape does the job of keeping the bugs out and I have a pet/baby gate that I place inside the door frame so I can keep the door open and Pi and my dog Happy can safely enjoy the fresh air. Pi does follow me to the back door when I go out and acts like he wants to go outside but gives me no trouble when I say no. This is the door he used to come in and out of the house through when he was still an indoor/outdoor cat in the early stages of our "relationship." This renewed interest in the back door HAS occurred since he got out. And, since the Fall season began. Other than that 1 time he hasn't left the house in 8 months.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You did such a great job transitioning Pi into an indoor cat.  

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's beautiful, J.
Isn't he just! So sorry they clipped off the top of his left ear when they neutered him. Had I known I was going to keep him I would have asked them not to. They do it so it will be evident that he has been neutered after releasing him back outside to roam free.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bella has a clipped ear. Someone at petco told me he might have a chip in him ? But after 8 years I am not going to find out. He is mine now. He loves me so much. He will not go anywhere with out me. Follows me everywhere .

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bella has a clipped ear. Someone at petco told me he might have a chip in him ? But after 8 years I am not going to find out. He is mine now. He loves me so much. He will not go anywhere with out me. Follows me everywhere .
Linda the clipped ear means that at some point in time Bella was roaming loose and someone trapped him then took him to be neutered. When healed he was released back into the area where he was trapped. They do that so ferals/strays will know where they are and feel comfortable. It doesn't mean he belonged to anyone and when they do TNR (trap, neuter and release) they don't put a chip in they clip the left ear tip. So more than likely the person at PetCo was incorrect. And yes, by now Bella is your cat so don't worry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry Linda. The TRN and clipped left ear is the worldwide sign for a neutered stray or feral.
Bell is all yours and only yours and he loves his mum.
I'm in England yoohoo!!!

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet who neutered him told me that Pi was probably born in early November of 2013. Happy Birthday 2-year old Pi! My handsome boy!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet who neutered him told me that Pi was probably born in early November of 2013. Happy Birthday 2-year old Pi! My handsome boy!

Happy belated birthday PI pPi.
That's a lovely picture of him.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Woo Hoo! Great success this morning. While cuddled up next to me in bed I managed to clip 3 of the 5 claws on Pi's right front paw! After that my boy had had enough. He let me know that by pulling his paw away and giving me a wide eyed stare. I told him ok that was all for today and put the clippers back on the night table by my bed. I must have done it correctly as he didn't run away but snuggled down on my lap for a snooze. I AM THRILLED! Will try to finish the remaining two tomorrow then Friday move on to the left front paw. I found the very informative diagram below on the web--a big help as P's claws are very long.