PiPi and other cats :-)

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hi stewball and judy i have not been on in awhile but glad things are going well. thats a good idea to rub pipi paws. i just started doing that to bell. maybe that will work for me. his nails need to be cut also. Bell still goes out doing the day but come in 7:00pm on the button his is at the door to come in and stays in all night. My Friends cant believe how he just stays on the porch all day.We went over night to my daughters in Conn and left him in and he was fine.I know come winter He will not want to be out at all.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good. The longer he stays in the better. Winter's nasty for kitties.
Whisky is sleeping near the end of my bed under the sheet. It's still very hot here. Blighty is 'around'.
How's bell with your husband now?

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bell is fine with my husband.but my husband helped me give him frontline last night and bell freaked out. We had to hold him down and boy did he scratched us both so bad. We have to do something about his nails.Bell ran in the .bedroom and would not come out last night. He was fine this morning and now he is sitting with all of us watch ing tv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bell is fine with my husband.but my husband helped me give him frontline last night and bell freaked out. We had to hold him down and boy did he scratched us both so bad. We have to do something about his nails.Bell ran in the .bedroom and would not come out last night. He was fine this morning and now he is sitting with all of us watch ing tv
I wish I could trim Pi's nails too. I don't think he'd scratch the carpet so much if they were trimmed.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lotto hated advantage being put on. I think it's that the stuff that comes out is cold. He didn't scratch but I had to hold him tight.
Nothing you can do about bell unless you take him to the vet! And get an injection that supposedly last 6-12 months.
If you could do that then you could get his claws clipped at the same time:nod:.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is what the screen door on my porch looks like now. Pi saw a chipmunk on the step just outside and jumped with all his weight against the screen ripping it. To my horror he got outside and, still the hunter, grabbed the chipmunk in his jaws. I was so scared because he went out into the yard and hid under bushes stalking prey. I stayed calm and thought of his favorite toy--bird feathers on s string--Da Bird. I brought it outside and after 15 to 20 minutes was able to lure him back on the porch and close the glass door. This was his first taste of being outside since February and it was clear he wanted to stay out there a while. Thank God he didn't wander off when I went in to get his toy. He stayed pretty much in the same section of the yard and garden. I guess he knew there were still a lot of chipmunks there. He meowed a few times after I got him in but then all went back to normal. Whew! Now to find someone to replace the screen door. [emoji]128540[/emoji]$$$

:clap:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what the screen door on my porch looks like now. Pi saw a chipmunk on the step just outside and jumped with all his weight against the screen ripping it. To my horror he got outside and, still the hunter, grabbed the chipmunk in his jaws. I was so scared because he went out into the yard and hid under bushes stalking prey. I stayed calm and thought of his favorite toy--bird feathers on s string--Da Bird. I brought it outside and after 15 to 20 minutes was able to lure him back on the porch and close the glass door. This was his first taste of being outside since February and it was clear he wanted to stay out there a while. Thank God he didn't wander off when I went in to get his toy. He stayed pretty much in the same section of the yard and garden. I guess he knew there were still a lot of chipmunks there. He meowed a few times after I got him in but then all went back to normal. Whew! Now to find someone to replace the screen door. [emoji]128540[/emoji]$$$

:clap:
Poor Judy. I hope you get it fixed strongly soon.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, you're not going to believe this...last evening I was sitting on my porch watching TV when Pi came over and threw up in front of me. Upon examination I found a WORM! GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!  It was only 10 days since he got outside and bit that chipmunk! He was out there in the bushes routing around for about 45 minutes before I could get him back in the house. He didn't actually eat the chipmunk but who knows what he might have picked up in the bushes. A lot of birds sit in them. Prior to that episode he's been in the house since February so I can't imagine how he would get worms any other way. I have been waiting all day for him to give me a stool sample so I can run it over to the Vet's office. I'd like to get it analyzed so I can get meds for him by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. You may remember he had worms when he first came into the house and the Vet was good enough to give me the meds without bringing Pi in to the office. I hope he does the same this time because I just can't deal with having to get him in that carrier this week I have too many other things to do. I did however buy a great pair of animal handling gloves that come up to the elbow a few weeks ago. So when I do get the time and energy I will use them to help me get him into a carrier. I just can't believe this happened and in such a short time. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Eeeewwwww.....  Poor Pi.  And poor you!   Good luck getting the medication from the vet and into Pi.

linda carella

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. How could he have gotten worms so fast.i hope the vet gives him meds. He was out there for 45 min? Good luck. Kept us posted .

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if he doesn't have worms in his stool, you must tell the vet he vomited up a worm and sooner rather than later like maybe tomorrow? I'm being very serious here.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even if he doesn't have worms in his stool, you must tell the vet he vomited up a worm and sooner rather than later like maybe tomorrow? I'm being very serious here.
Don't worry Stewball I am taking a stool sample AND the worm he coughed up tomorrow morning to the Vet for testing. It usually comes back the next day. I don't know how he could have gotten worms inside unless Happy or I tracked in worm eggs on our feet from walking in the yard. That's why I think it must have happened when he got out a couple of weeks ago.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know the results. I'm a bit worried.
Besides all that, how are you and lucky?

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let me know the results. I'm a bit worried.
Besides all that, how are you and lucky?
Stewball do you really think there is reason for worry? If its just roundworms we should be able to get rid of them like last time. No?

HAPPY (albeit he IS a happy go lucky fella) and I are just fine thank you. Well, let me amend that to say Hap has been suffering from allergies this summer with a lot of scratching and also paw biting. The Vet now has him on allergy pills as he thinks its seasonal. However if when the winter comes and he is off the pills and still scratches and itches he will have to have allergy testing done. Hopefully that won't be necessary as I worry he might be allergic to Pi and they are such good pals. Hap's groomer has a dog who has to get allergy shots because he IS allergic to her cat among several other things.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably. I just worry about worms.
Don't you worry. It's my hangup.
Hugs.

pi-pi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's okay. You don't have to worry. My worry concerns dogs.
Yes, mine too. That's why I'm going to have them test Happy's stool sample as well. I have no reason to believe he has worms its just that I'm sure Pi has and they are so close all the time.