Pine Litter And Sifting Boxes

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to thank each and every one of you. I got my sifting boxes yesterday and cleaning the cat boxes has never been easier. I used to dread cleaning them and now I don't mind one bit. And the house smells like pine.

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone interested, Walmart sells America's Choice bedding pellets for $5.47. These are 100% kiln dried. The bag is 1 cf which equals to around 40 lbs. (give or take).
I am switching from Tractor Supply to these. First, although I'm pretty sure, the TS brand doesn't say how it's dried.
Second, it's cheaper by about 50 cents. OK, 50 cents won't break me but once you add the next two reasons, it adds up.
Third, WM is closer so I won't have to drive an hour (and gas) to get them.
and lastly, the sales tax is cheaper in my town vs. the neighboring town where TS is located.

Just a suggestion for those of you who do not have a Tractor Supply near you or are concerned about the drying process of their product.
When I looked up America's Choice bedding pellets on walmart website, the only thing shows up besides flakes bedding was this 25.99.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is weird because I just bought a bag Wednesday. Figured I was there, so why not?
I just looked on their site and you are correct. This must be a typo or something. Why would they raise the price over $20 in just two days?
This makes no sense. I'm going to try to look into this.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find anything specific, but here's my theory. It's one of two things.
1) It will be winter soon and pine pellets will be in demand for wood or pellet burning stoves.
2) The China Tariff. If the tariff is so high that companies can no longer afford to get products from China, the price on everything else has to increase to make up for them not getting a product to sell.

It does, however, look like Ace Hardware has it for $8 and some change. Which is more than Tractor Supply, but Ace may be closer to you.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I went to Walmart today and while I was there I saw the pellets for $5.47. They had two bags and I figured I should get them because the price is going up. I then spoke with customer service and she said, "no, it's $5.47 on the website, it must have been a mistake that you saw".
So now I have enough litter to last a year.

M mwallace056 , it looks like they corrected the mistake.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/America-s-Choice-Bedding-Pellets/39108788

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And today it's $15.47. Maybe it has to do with their suppliers online. Just pick it up at the store.
They need to get it together.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So just bought my second bag of pine pellets $5.99 I have 2 Four month old kittens The first bag lasted about 3 months Still working great for us At this rate I will spend what $24 a year on litter. If you buy it 2 bags at a time it’s even cheaper if you have room to store it Amazing!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so exited to see this thread! I saw the YouTube video too and wanted to try it. I used to use this stuff for my Bunnies, but without sifting so thought it would be too messy. It sticks to the bottom sometimes. The sifting is ingenious. And it is starting to get expensive to buy liter just for two cats- I've started to wonder how people with tons of cats afford it.

I definitely want to try this out... too much going on IRL at the moment to start a project but. It's on my list. Thanks everyone for the great stories/feedback that has convinced me!

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let us know how it works for you
Wishing you an easy transition it’s so worth it!!!!