pimple puzzle

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My two year old tabby has bumps all over his body. I searched for fleas first, nobody there.
These bumps are ichy and will crust over.
Bathe to cure? or vitamins?
Nerosporin is my cure for all for most things. But all over his body? I think that is too much.
Not sure what next.

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it would be best to have him seen by a vet, to find out for certain. I wouldn't put anything on him, or give him anything, until you know what the most likely cause is.

It could be a number of things, but I think the most likely one is an allergy to something.....

It could be just one single little flea. It does not take an infestation to cause sensitive cats to have a bad reaction.

It could be something in his food that he's developed a sensitivity to, or something in the environment... laundry detergent, air freshener, cleaning supplies, dusts or pollens, etc.

How long has this been going on? Any changes to his food or things you use around your home?

I really do feel that a trip to the vet is in order, especially since you state his whole body is affected and it is bothering him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you.
I thought maybe if someone else had this skin problem, they could tell me what they did.
He has had this all winter.

hazmat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a tabby that used to be covered in bumps. Flea treatment didn't help. Changing food (assummed allergies) didn't helps. A few years of Vet visits didn't help.

Turned out that she was doing it to herself just grooming or scratching. I started trimming her nails every other week or whenever one would get sharp enough. 

After a few trimmings just take off the very tips that are sharp. It only took about a month for her chronic skin problem to totally clear up.

hbanan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meuzette, just out of curioisty, what kind of water bowl does your sweetie drink out of? There has been a link to cat acne and plastic drinking bowls. My old roomie's cat had feline acne, we switched to ceramic bowls and  it helped.