pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And they LOVE Silvervine, too! Honeysuckle is also a nice alternative.View attachment 260308Angel Maryam on her "Catcus" tree, and Baby Su, in the catio, in the Mojave :hearthrob::hearthrob:
I love the catio! I'm going to ask my property manager (I rent) if I can enclose my deck like that. If I get the thumbs up, I'll be using a smaller mesh at the bottom to keep the blown leaf litter from the landscapers out too.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the catio! I'm going to ask my property manager (I rent) if I can enclose my deck like that. If I get the thumbs up, I'll be using a smaller mesh at the bottom to keep the blown leaf litter from the landscapers out too.
Great idea all the way around! If mgr does not approve, you might look into some modular models. Just google/bing something like "modular cat enclosures". There are a lot of companies selling quite a variety of sizes and models, or you can make your own if you're good at carpentry. *Be sure to share photos with us!*
IMG_1151.JPG
*Baby Su up on her catio Catcus*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista loves her primary tree! She will sleep most of the day in that tree and it has a view of the outdoors so she will watch the outdoors from up there too. Her other trees? They’re just exercise. I actually got them to build her an arthritis-friendly path to the kitchen counter where I feed her. I even got her cat stairs. She insists she’s still capable of making the leap. So the other trees? I hide fish flakes in them to kick her out of the kitchen when she’s done eating. She gets exercise and I get at least twenty minutes in the kitchen without her to fix my own food. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea all the way around! If mgr does not approve, you might look into some modular models. Just google/bing something like "modular cat enclosures". There are a lot of companies selling quite a variety of sizes and models, or you can make your own if you're good at carpentry. *Be sure to share photos with us!*
Here's an example. I've been putting this winter shelter together for my stray/feral crew so they can have shelter when (if) it rains. It's the Lucky Dog 6' X 10' X 10' with roof and cover.

Build 3.JPG

I added some side tarps, a rug, and some furnishings.
shelter 1.JPG

shelter 2.JPG

shelter 3.jpg

Here's a link for some other types.
Enclosure Kits

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four trees and a set of cat stairs that go nowhere now. They're in the entry now by the front door because she refused to use them where I had them. Sometimes I can tap the top step and she'll come up and greet me when I come home. A remnant of clicker training. The primary tree I received from a friend whose cat had passed. For a secondhand tree, Krista absolutely adores it. The other trees are from woot.com. She used the first one I bought from them so I bought another. And then another. If one I don't have goes on sale, I'm sure where I'd put it. And that's the only reason she doesn't have more. If I'm allowed to fence off my deck and make a catio, she will get more trees!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's an example. I've been putting this winter shelter together for my stray/feral crew so they can have shelter when (if) it rains. It's the Lucky Dog 6' X 10' X 10' with roof and cover.

View attachment 260350

I added some side tarps, a rug, and some furnishings.
View attachment 260354
View attachment 260355
View attachment 260356

Here's a link for some other types.
Enclosure Kits
My deck is the size of that enclosure. I don't have a lot of space to work with. And they've been unusually uneven about their enforcement over what can be put on the deck. I once moved a bookcase out there and got a three day notice to remove it or be evicted because it looked like clutter. Extreme? Yes! But the place is also rent-controlled so before I risk my good deal, I will check with the property manager.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have quite a few cat trees and activity centers -- to be honest, I haven't counted them all! In more prosperous days, we used to get one a year. I tried to keep that up when I was first divorced, but can no longer do it. Anyway, the house is FULL of them! There is one, or more, in just about every room, and the long central hallway. Cats do love to be vertical, and it's really good for small spaces (I know. I lived in 332 square feet with my three cats for a year.) Even now, with a big house, they love to be able to climb and perch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love that cactus tree! Was it home made?

Here's Heidi playing on the little walkway I made for them out in their enclosure.
View attachment 260395 View attachment 260396 View attachment 260397
Norachan Norachan How adorable is Heidi?!! and I love her walkway!
Yes, my ex made the Catcus tree. He was at one time a finish carpenter, and could do just about anything with lumber and his amazing array of saws and tools.
IMG_0621.JPG
Here's a better view of it. It attached to the ceiling. Angels Maryam, Nicolas T. Cat, and Samuda, enjoying their catio on a beautiful Spring day in the Mojave.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, he certainly put his skills to good use.
Thank you, Norachan Norachan . Yes, you name it, he could build it. He can do anything except electrical, and one of his brothers is an electrician, so the family is pretty well fixed for whatever needs fixing or building. I learned a LOT from him while we were together, which still benefits me when dealing with subcontractors now.
Looks like you're not short on talent and imagination, either!
IMG_1134.JPG
Tarifa and angel Sahra in the cat pipe

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jayflower Jayflower O mighty hunting cat! Looks like you've got a lioness there, too! In our furmily, Tarifa is the provider. She often catches a choice sparkle ball and parades it down the long hall, yowling to let me know of her selfless generosity. I don't know how we'd survive without her talents.
IMG_0350.JPG
Tarifa up in her crows' nest :hearthrob: