Picture Of The Month: Attentive Cats

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It was fine, actually, about 600 by 900. @SeaTurtleSwims  I'm sorry, but your submission was only 320 by 240 so too small. 

Same for @momof3b1g  @xcourtney3  - I am so sorry but your images were too small as well.

A note about size - 

What matters is the original image size.

When you upload to a post, the system asks you to choose a display size. That display size doesn't matter for the purpose of this contest. Clicking through the thumbnail brings me to the original/larger version of the file and I can use that as your submission. The problem is with images that are too small to begin with. If the image is smaller than 480 by 640 when it's on your hard drive or phone, then it can't be enlarged by the system and it's too small for the contest.

I try not to be too strict and if an image is 450 by 800, I'll take it, but if it's clearly smaller on both dimensions, or way too small on one of them, it won't be accepted. Sorry about the inconvenience! 

Also, those of you who submit more than one image - I just pick the first one and use that. It's best to submit only one picture. We'd love to see all of your pictures in another thread, in a cat page or in the gallery section
Is there a reason they need to be so large? Mine was not small by any means? Are they going to be printed? That was large enough for web purposes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

It was fine, actually, about 600 by 900. @SeaTurtleSwims  I'm sorry, but your submission was only 320 by 240 so too small. 

Same for @momof3b1g  @xcourtney3  - I am so sorry but your images were too small as well.

A note about size - 

What matters is the original image size.

When you upload to a post, the system asks you to choose a display size. That display size doesn't matter for the purpose of this contest. Clicking through the thumbnail brings me to the original/larger version of the file and I can use that as your submission. The problem is with images that are too small to begin with. If the image is smaller than 480 by 640 when it's on your hard drive or phone, then it can't be enlarged by the system and it's too small for the contest.

I try not to be too strict and if an image is 450 by 800, I'll take it, but if it's clearly smaller on both dimensions, or way too small on one of them, it won't be accepted. Sorry about the inconvenience! 

Also, those of you who submit more than one image - I just pick the first one and use that. It's best to submit only one picture. We'd love to see all of your pictures in another thread, in a cat page or in the gallery section
Is there a reason they need to be so large? Mine was not small by any means? Are they going to be printed? That was large enough for web purposes.
We may use them in the future in video compilations or collages. 640 by 480 is very small even by web standards these days, I'm afraid. Some people have large screens and your picture was 450 by 300, so less than half of what we ask for. 

I'm sorry about that. Mittens' photo was lovely and got a few purraise votes too. I really wish I could have included it. Hopefully next month you'll find a larger photo to submit. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This is Ra, staring intently at food that AWM (Awesomely Wise Mother) left down for a moment. He's smart enough not to eat it, and AWM gave him a sliver treat of chicken to reward him! 

seaturtleswims

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Anne  :) No worries. I have  an old phone so the dimensions just run that way for pictures haha I just like posting for fun :)

Last edited:

straycat15

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful unusual White Siameze Cat ... And if Mr. Vegus were to win this contest I want the food to go to a cat shelter of your choice Ann. Mr. Vegus is doing so well on INSTINCT canned wet food twice a day (Salmon is his favorite) and not eating dry at all combined with Vitality Science's Feline Comfort and Luxolite Pure White Bentonite Clay that much as I'd appreciate the bag of groceries I'd be afraid to try them on him at this time. We are almost three weeks (and counting) with him basically vomit free and this after 8 months of 2-3 times a day vomiting and weight loss. Some have said they doubt it's the product and change in diet and they've chalked Mr. Vegus' improvement up to the cyclical nature of IBS/IBD and recent good luck but I'm giving the credit for what's beginning to look like a real cure to Vitality Science products as standard steroids and the Vets food and other shots and his continuing eating dry food soy fillers wheat and grains and birds wasn't working at all. Fingers crossed. And good luck to all the other entrants ...

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful unusual White Siameze Cat ... And if Mr. Vegus were to win this contest I want the food to go to a cat shelter of your choice Ann. Mr. Vegus is doing so well on INSTINCT canned wet food twice a day (Salmon is his favorite) and not eating dry at all combined with Vitality Science's Feline Comfort and Luxolite Pure White Bentonite Clay that much as I'd appreciate the bag of groceries I'd be afraid to try them on him at this time. We are almost three weeks (and counting) with him basically vomit free and this after 8 months of 2-3 times a day vomiting and weight loss. Some have said they doubt it's the product and change in diet and they've chalked Mr. Vegus' improvement up to the cyclical nature of IBS/IBD and recent good luck but I'm giving the credit for what's beginning to look like a real cure to Vitality Science products as standard steroids and the Vets food and other shots and his continuing eating dry food soy fillers wheat and grains and birds wasn't working at all. Fingers crossed. And good luck to all the other entrants ...
My cat stopped vomiting after dry removal, it's been more than a year now, no vomiting!

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
valentine patiently waiting for that bite of roast chicken....