Pics of Gizmo...the neighborhood sweetheart!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote in a couple weeks ago about how I found a stray kitty in our neighborhood and how I wasn't sure what to do since she's got owners, but they aren't taking care of her. She is still very skinny and had runny gunk in her eyes. She is just a loveball...Oh how I wish I could keep her! I'm trying to convince Mom and Dad to take her in since I'll be leaving with Tiki and Echo next month. That would leave Bud all by himself and I'm afraid he'll get so lonely. He just loves the other two and I think he'll need another companion.

I took some photos of Gizmo while I was checking the mail this morning. Isn't she gorgeous? I just love her blue eyes! I just don't understand why the owners are being so cruel. I do think she's sick though. The gunky eyes were a giveaway, but while I was checking her over on the porch she acted like she was going to vomit. She didn't cough up anything, but she just acted like something was caught in her throat. She's a pretty vocal little girl too! It's was so pathetic...it just broke my heart!

Well, here's the pic's. Hope you enjoy! BTW, I made sure I took a shower and threw my clothes in the wash before I came near my inside kitties! I don't want to chance it with them!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's really pretty. I didn't see any gunk in her eyes, but that might show in the photo's. It's so sad that her owners aren't taking care of her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the gunk didn't show up in the pic's but it's a funky color. It's kind of a bright yellow color...not brownish like most cats. That's why I think she's ill. Plus that hacking up thing scared me! I'm off give her some yummy food and cold water! Poor thing...I think she only eats when I feed her.
Today is the first day I'd seen her since the night I wrote about her. Glad to see that she's still around...I was worried that something horrible happened to her. That would make me so sick...*sigh* Why can't I take her in?

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh, what a sweetie! so many of them need loving homes, it's not fair

I hope you can work something out with your parents and gizmo can have a good home!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from feeding Gizmo. I just watched the poor thing eat. All I had was hard food and it was too hard for Giz to eat. So, I added some water and threw in the microwave for 15 seconds. G's gobbling it up like it's his last meal.

OH...with better examination, I realized that Gizmo is not a girl...he's very much a male! Doh!

But...I also found that he has been declawed! I can't believe those stupid people declawed him and then threw him outside!
Poor guy doesn't have a mean bone in his body...but how in the hell can he protect himself?
I'm so ticked at them right now....I WILL find him a home! Even if it isn't my own, I WILL find him a GOOD HOME!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell, bless you for taking care of Gizmo. He sounds (and looks) like a sweetheart. If the owners don't take him to get that eye looked at, you might want to bring him yourself. Yellow eye gunk is a sign of possible infection. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching the other kitties, just in case. He deserves a better life, I hope you can talk your parents into giving him one, provided he gets a clean bill of health.

As far as Gizmo's "owners": an animal belongs to the person who cares for it!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shell,

Poor Gizmo! I'm so glad he found someone like you. Can you believe those people who would have him declawed and then let him outside? I just gasped when I read that. It just makes me so mad!!!! I can't believe people would adopt an animal and not take care of it and give it the love it deserves. I can't wait to get home and hug my Max tonight!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Guys! My heart just goes out to him...he deserves so much more than what he is getting. Obviously they must have "loved" him enough to get him declawed (even though he's not neutered
). I'm assuming that the cuteness of KittyHood wore off and they shoved him outside. He's one of the sweetest cats I've ever met...so loveable! He purred the entire time I feed him. It was like he was the happiest he had ever been. It was like he's way of thanking me for feeding him. Damn...it just breaks my heart! I'm sitting here racking my brain on finding him a good home while the tears are flowing because I don't know if I can. I promised him while I was playing with him, that I would do the very best that I can to find him a better home. I'm going to try to butter up to the folks tonight....maybe they'll say yes!

Come on guys...I need your positive thoughts and vibes on this! This board does some wonderful things...lets do it for Gizmo!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww what a cutie!!!!! I think you should take him in
I worry about him with no claws!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sad and that one rear shot definitely shows Giz is a male! LOL Poor kitty though- and good for you for wanting to help-

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor guy a tomcat with no claws to defend himself with! I hope you can get him out of harm's way soon. I love his muted tones!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Guys! I shot off a email to my friends...hopefully someone will take him in. I asked Mom and I got shot down in a big hurry.
I guess if push comes to shove, I might get in contact with a couple of No Kill Shelters in Nebraska and see if they could help me. Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and positive vibes. I'll keep you all posted on little Gizmo.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he's such a handsome little guy! I feel so bad for him. I hope one of your friends will take him in. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! My best friend Amy replied back and she's thinking about it! I'm praying to God that she takes him! Here's her message:
> How does he get along with other cats. I think he looks
great and if he
is open to a 2 cat household, I would love to have him. I
don't know
how long it would take Sassy to get used to it, but I think
it would be
nice for her to have someone to play with.

I wrote back and told her that if she is serious about taking Giz home, I recommended coming to TCS for some great suggestions about introducing cats.

Please everyone...pray that Giz get a furever home!