Picky Eater Is This Ok?

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat ate kitten wet food and dryfood everyday as kitten but now that he is one he hates wetfood. He loves crunchy dry food yet hates to chew wetfood. BUT he loves cat soups ( liquid only no flakes or fish inside) is this healthy to just give dry food and a soup a day? Is he fetting his vitamins?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the soup labeled as balance and complete? If so I would say it’s fine.

There are some very soupy wet foods like Caru, they still have solid bits but a lot of liquid. Might be worth a try?

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat ate kitten wet food and dryfood everyday as kitten but now that he is one he hates wetfood. He loves crunchy dry food yet hates to chew wetfood. BUT he loves cat soups ( liquid only no flakes or fish inside) is this healthy to just give dry food and a soup a day? Is he fetting his vitamins?
I have a VERY picky eater too when it comes to wet food. She likes the soupy foods too like weruva, cat in the kitchen, tiki cat, Almo nature complete but all not fish base ( they are all complete balanced diet) there is a Almo nature Natural too but not a complete diet, is more like a treat ( I give her that on days she won't eat any wet) if I get her to eat a 3 oz can a day plus the kibbles I'm happy with that. Some times I have to hand feed her the wet food or even mix it with dry food ( it gets really challenging to get her to eat wet food sometimes).
A few days ago I posted a thread about this too and I got awesome advice " SHE'S MAD AT ME FOR NOT GIVING HER DRY FOOD " look up the thread, you might find it helpful, it was a lot of help for me at least.
I hope this helps!
:goodluck:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I am sure you already tried, but in case you didn't - what if you put soup over the wet food and smash the wet food up into it? Feeby will eat wet food, but toward the end, it does seem like the food she leaves is grainier than the overall composition of the food to begin with. So, when she is close to finishing the wet food, I smash it up with water and she will generally finish almost all of it after that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is the soup labeled as balance and complete? If so I would say it’s fine.

There are some very soupy wet foods like Caru, they still have solid bits but a lot of liquid. Might be worth a try?
sadly Japanese soup I cant read ingredients or anything. It is mon petite brand soup. but I am moving vack to USA in 3 months so If you have any cat soup recommendations I would love to hear them.

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a VERY picky eater too when it comes to wet food. She likes the soupy foods too like weruva, cat in the kitchen, tiki cat, Almo nature complete but all not fish base ( they are all complete balanced diet) there is a Almo nature Natural too but not a complete diet, is more like a treat ( I give her that on days she won't eat any wet) if I get her to eat a 3 oz can a day plus the kibbles I'm happy with that. Some times I have to hand feed her the wet food or even mix it with dry food ( it gets really challenging to get her to eat wet food sometimes).
A few days ago I posted a thread about this too and I got awesome advice " SHE'S MAD AT ME FOR NOT GIVING HER DRY FOOD " look up the thread, you might find it helpful, it was a lot of help for me at least.
I hope this helps!
:goodluck:
thanks! I will take a look at that thread.
Picky eaters are the worst.

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I am sure you already tried, but in case you didn't - what if you put soup over the wet food and smash the wet food up into it? Feeby will eat wet food, but toward the end, it does seem like the food she leaves is grainier than the overall composition of the food to begin with. So, when she is close to finishing the wet food, I smash it up with water and she will generally finish almost all of it after that.
I will give that a try. I want to make sure he is getting nutrition. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Ghoulofnagoya Ghoulofnagoya Try the kalkan pouches. They come in a variety of fish and chicken flavours. Sorry, I could only find a picture of one for 11 year old cats, but the katakana top right says "Soup style".

They're sold in the US as Whiskers I think.