Pet Insurance

shiaena

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After this recent accident that happened with my little Kali's tail, (and the bill that followed as well), I found that maybe being uninsured with my babies is perhaps a bad idea...I was looking through some pet insurances and the reviews. So far, the only pet insurances that the vet my kitties usually go to has advertised:
Pets Best
Nationwide
Healthy Paws
Trupanion
Petplan

But I can't really make up my mind, especially whether or not I'd want "wellness" benefits. So, has anybody tried any of these insurances? What are your thoughts?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you read the fine print on what is covered, and how you might lose coverage.
Some coverages start decreasing when the cat hits a certain age, or if they've been diagnosed with a chronic issue then it might be difficult to continue coverage. I've heard of people losing coverage because they didn't get the wellness exams in a timely manner (even a day late).
Remember, insurance companies like to make money, so they will put in a lot of little hoops for you to jump through. So, again, just be sure what you're jumping into for the long run.