Pet/cat Friendly Spider (black Widow) Spray

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 We use Dawn dish washing liquid about 3/4 to 1/4 water in spray bottles to kill wasps and the like. It gives you a good distance, brings them down fairly quickly and won't hurt the cats. My car did have a floral scent (got the pink version) for about a month, but the wasp was dead. Do you think it would work with the Black Widow Spiders, which we do get here?
I have no experience with this, K Kflowers , as I never buy Dawn. I leave most creatures be as long as they are not putting my loved ones or me in danger. If they're outside living their lives, that's cool with me. Widows do get dispatched, though, wherever I find them. I whack 'em. Not proud of it, but that's what I have to do to ensure we're safe. When we moved here, my ex cleared the garage and bombed it as it was full of Widows.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not tough, I'm east coast. Insects that can kill me, nope not hand killing if I can help it. Others catch in a bottle and throw out the door to continue their lives out there. They don't seem to realize that they can't survive in air conditioning. Or maybe they can and I was told that to go do something else and leave a certain person alone. It's possible.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not tough, I'm east coast. Insects that can kill me, nope not hand killing if I can help it. Others catch in a bottle and throw out the door to continue their lives out there. They don't seem to realize that they can't survive in air conditioning. Or maybe they can and I was told that to go do something else and leave a certain person alone. It's possible.
Thanks for walking them outside, K Kflowers . A lot of them are very beneficial for us because they eat "harmful" insects. They want to see us far less than we want to see them! I only whack the Widows because the sprays are harmful in the air and most of them don't work, plus, they take time to kill and probably cause suffering. I don't get off on that at ALL. So a quick whack is the best, IMHO. I think Widows are gorgeous and I don't like to do that, but unfortunately, I have to. One of my exes got bitten by one once and said it caused him to hallucinate and feel sick. He did survive, though...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relieved that he survived, cats are sort of little to withstand that venom.

The dawn and water makes the wasp drop to the floor, then if I've remembered to put on a shoe it's over. If I haven't I hit him with something sturdy A volume of the Encyclopedia Britannica - hard back version, the fly swatter. I want it to be as fast as possible, partly from fear he'll recover and partly because torture of any being is repulsive. I use the Dawn because I really don't want to have to see the ER again.:D