Penelope and Delilah on Raw

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: :flail: :flail: OK - first of all YAY that they're feeling better! And I was just laughing out loud at Penelope! Sooooooo excited for her yummy food - yet can't decide which one to eat! :lol3: :D Sounds like the meal worked out just perfectly. :D :rub: Aw, they're just so precious!!!!

You are keeping both of them, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I would have recorded her it was very entertaining.

I am keeping both even though 2 more cats are the last thing I need, but I guess I can't help that I let myself fall in love with them. They are best friends, and Penelope has been so sweet with Delilah through everything. Plus when Delilah was so sick I didn't think she was going to make it I started growing attached to the sweet little Penelope who was doing well, because I was trying to keep myself from getting attached to Delilah in case she didn't make it. Granted that happened anyways but I was trying to protect my heart. So now I am attached to both and don't want to separate them anyways. They have such great demeanors they will fit in here perfectly too.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wish I would have recorded her it was very entertaining.

I am keeping both even though 2 more cats are the last thing I need, but I guess I can't help that I let myself fall in love with them. They are best friends, and Penelope has been so sweet with Delilah through everything. Plus when Delilah was so sick I didn't think she was going to make it I started growing attached to the sweet little Penelope who was doing well, because I was trying to keep myself from getting attached to Delilah in case she didn't make it. Granted that happened anyways but I was trying to protect my heart. So now I am attached to both and don't want to separate them anyways. They have such great demeanors they will fit in here perfectly too.
All I can say is
(darn it, I tried to make this GIANT SIZE, and it didn't work

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all crack me up!

I don't know if you saw but I added a few new pictures of the two of them here http://www.thecatsite.com/t/245301/penelope-and-delilah#post_3220087

I think this is the fastest I have had kittens get over upper respiratorys. There is no more sneezing today, they have been wrestling, playing with everything, toy or not, and have been running around playing tag all day. I have picked a few eye boogers off of Penelope but her eye is not continuously discharging or anything. Either the antibiotics helped quick or I only gave them a minor strand, the kittens I get from the shelter pretty much always get it, and it seems to take longer for them to get over it, but I also usually see much worse symptoms in them too.

They finished off the last of the pork I had on hand. I am going to have to go to the store and pick up something else. Penelope is back to being more than happy to polish off a plate of raw. But Delilah is still wanting to eat her canned Wellness, girl loves that stuff, especially the chicken flavor. She is eating the raw too again. She eats more all together if I give her both raw and canned so maybe I should keep giving her both, she needs everything she can get to grow and catch up. I gave them both just pork today and they both ate it well and then Delilah was trying to bury it. I figured she was full but when I was in the kitchen a few minuets latter fixing myself something to eat she was crying and trying to climb my legs like she does when I fix her plate. So I opened the can and put some on there and she gobbled it all up too. Should I try to wean her off of the canned and only allow her to eat raw, or is it just as good if I let her eat whatever she wants and just offer raw first and finish with canned? I think she is going through a growth spurt too, or just filling out a bit, she feels heavier and more solid than she has, and it is harder to feel her bones. Before even though she was growing you could still kinda feel her bones just petting her, now I am happy I can't.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For right now, just let Delilah enjoy her food (IMO). I wouldn't worry about weaning her off the canned to raw only. Maybe in a little while, just because it's healthier for her in the long run. But if she's loving canned, feed her both. That's what I'd do. I mean - if I had kids, I'd let them have ice cream for desert. :lol3:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think Delilah has decided she needs to save room for desert.
I gave them beef for the first time today. They both seemed to enjoy it, Penelope more than Delilah. I had to hold Penelope off for a bit to let Delilah finish before she dove into her plate after inhaling hers.
Delilah wasn't full just ready for her wet, because she ate a good bit of that. Penelope wont touch wet anymore so she is all raw. Chicken for dinner went better for Delilah, they both finished and were offered more, only Penelope finished her second helping though. Delilah of course was holding out to eat some "desert".

I think Delilah has had a growth spurt. She has at least finally filled out, she seems heavier and she is more rounded. Her bones finally have some meat on them, she has been gaining and growing but still a bit boney, but not anymore.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I think Delilah has decided she needs to save room for desert. :lol3: I gave them beef for the first time today. They both seemed to enjoy it, Penelope more than Delilah. I had to hold Penelope off for a bit to let Delilah finish before she dove into her plate after inhaling hers. :yummy: Delilah wasn't full just ready for her wet, because she ate a good bit of that. Penelope wont touch wet anymore so she is all raw. Chicken for dinner went better for Delilah, they both finished and were offered more, only Penelope finished her second helping though. Delilah of course was holding out to eat some "desert".:lol3:
:lol3: As with everything Delilah, that's just too darn cute!!!

I think Delilah has had a growth spurt. She has at least finally filled out, she seems heavier and she is more rounded. Her bones finally have some meat on them, she has been gaining and growing but still a bit boney, but not anymore. :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good job, momma!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have to keep up with the "Joneses" :flail: MY happy face might not be as big ( I don't know how Laurie Giant Sizes everything :crackup:) - but this is how I am feeling right now. First seeing the new photos and then the wonderful update!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST wonderful news all the way around!!!!!!!!!!! :D :happy2: :happy3: :bigthumb: :jump: :wow:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls are good, being crazy active little girls!

Meal times are still interesting. Delilah has now figured out when she is done with raw I will give her wet, so she eats half of her raw, basically until Penelope finishes and then waits for me to pick up the plates so she can cry for her wet. This morning she barely ate any raw, so I decided to play tough and see what happened. I picked up her plate when she was done and didn't give her any wet. I gave her back her raw. She looked at me like I was crazy but she reluctantly ate some more, she made it through more than half of her portion that time so I gave her wet then. Penelope basically inhales hers, she eats at least 2-3oz at every meal. Delilah will eat half of that and then finish off with the same amount of wet.  She is such a silly little thing. I am just glad she eats half raw at least. Some meals she will eat almost 3 oz and then finish with still another ounce or two of wet.

For now as long as she continues to grow and be healthy I am happy. She is not eating bad wet food, and no kibble so she is not on bad diet. She sure has plenty of energy these days. It has gone from her being attacked by Penelope, to her starting most of the wrestling matches. Meal time excites her too, she will climb my leg talking to me the entire time I get their plates ready and then race to her spot to eat. They both do this actually.

Penelope being all raw has cleared up her gas. Really I don't notice litter box smell from either of the girls anymore, even though Delilah is still eating half wet. Penelope has the softest fur, I'm not sure if that is raw or the fact that she has healthy fur again. When I first rescued her as a baby she had silk like fur. Delilah still has a sort of sickly, scraggly coat still, it improves daily now that she is healthy. The fur on her belly gets thicker too, I cant wait to see what her coat will really be like. It took Penelope a while to go from the scraggly coat to the soft smooth coat she has now, but she never got anywhere near as sick as Delilah.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D

Even when they've been on all canned food, their coats usually get even softer and silkier on raw. :eek: :nod: But even at 50/50, I'm sure Delilah's coat will catch up to Penelope's. :nod: Penelope had a head start, after all. But that's great to hear her tummy is all settled on raw! :bigthumb:

But yeah - those rescue transition coats can take a few months. It's always so wonderful to see those changes! (Raw or no!!!!) :heart2:

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure it wont be too long before I can brag about how wonderful Delilahs coat is. It is so much healthier than it was, but you can tell it is not as healthy as it could be, it is very thin and doesn't have much shine. I was looking back at pictures of Penelope and boy did she look rough for a while. She looks really amazing when you compare then and now.

Then- Crazy hair! She always held her tail between her legs like that for a while, they both actually did. Not really sure why other than them not feeling well.

Now- Lovely soft fur!

And if you haven't seen that last one there are some more pictures of both of them in their picture form.

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is so cute when they are excited for dinner. I went ahead and just had them share a plate because the rest of their meal was not thawed yet, but they were begging so much I figured they could go ahead and eat a little of what was ready! More followed shortly afterwards, and then wet for Delilah of course. That cute little cry and some leg climbing is what I get when she is ready for her wet too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh WOW I LOVE those before and after pictures! And that video is just TOO TOO TOO cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure it wont be too long before I can brag about how wonderful Delilahs coat is. It is so much healthier than it was, but you can tell it is not as healthy as it could be, it is very thin and doesn't have much shine. I was looking back at pictures of Penelope and boy did she look rough for a while. She looks really amazing when you compare then and now.

Then- Crazy hair! She always held her tail between her legs like that for a while, they both actually did. Not really sure why other than them not feeling well.

Now- Lovely soft fur!

And if you haven't seen that last one there are some more pictures of both of them in their picture form.
WOW look at the difference!!!!!!!! AW warms my heart seeing how well the girls are doing, I am just beaming and grinning from ear to ear over those precious little dolls. :D :D :D :D :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: